Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos - Page 96

Home Go-Thassos Comments
Options

Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos

Comments

• Options
    Nannie FrenchNannie French Member (+) Posts: 45
    Windy and rainy. Yuk, settle down weather, it's Easter in few weeks and then summer round the corner. A long wet Spring. Hope summer follows on soon.
  • Options
    Adrian LeeAdrian Lee Member (+) Posts: 126
    Looking calmer today :-)
  • Options
    We decided that we wouldn't be returning to Thassos this year, :'( but as we look at the webcam almost everyday it's getting harder to stay away, lol
  • Options
    Looking clear and sunny and dry for Easter but still not as warm as South East England though!!
    We enjoyed our Easter here, wish peace at Easter to all the Golden Beach webcam fans.
  • Options
    VintageVivVintageViv Member (+) Posts: 50
    Looks beautiful this evening with the sun going down over Ipsarion. Looking forward to being back in Thassos this year, missed it so much last year. Thank goodness for the webcam!
  • Options
    grandma56grandma56 Member (+) Posts: 48
    Wishing everyone on Thassos a Happy Easter.
  • Options
    GoThassosGoThassos Administrator Posts: 128
    edited April 2015
    Happy Easter!

Thassos had a day of perfect weather for Easter celebrations. Walking through the streets with the Sun radiating its spring warmth, one would have been able to smell the aromas of delicious lamb and goat roasting over a fire, accompanied by the sounds of joyous music and chatter coming from all directions!

Easter is the most important holiday of the year in Greece and I hope our visitors who travelled from all across Europe enjoyed celebrating it with us!
  • Options
    SueSue Member (+) Posts: 35
    LOOKS A BEAUTIFUL DAY AGAIN TODAY. HOPE ALL OF YOU ON THASSOS HAD A LOVELY EASTER.
  • Options
    grandma56grandma56 Member (+) Posts: 48
    Low cloud, sea fog? Never seen Thassos like this before. Hopefully sun will break through later.
  • Options
    HadfieldsHadfields Member (+) Posts: 9
    The sun umbrellas are on their way up today !!! Can't say that i am a fan :-(
  • Options
    derekderek Member (+) Posts: 66
    see the umbrellas are up,they catering for sardines?? want to see something scary,,? check out the new thomson catalogue..looks like blackpool next year.,,unless i can get a mortgage lol..
  • Options
    on thomsons site today, Smaragdi studios, sunday 3rd May, £115 per person.If I could get the time off work I would have booked it.
  • Options
    down to £105 per person now.
  • Options
    DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    does anybody in Golden Beach know what the present state of the old Ioannis now renamed the Princess Golden. Apparently it's refurbishment is due to be finished tomorrow and people are concerned that recent photos taken are not indicating it to be finished and people are flying out next Sunday. If you have any info I will pass it on Thanks
  • Options
    Forecast looking good for May Day celebrations tomorrow. Wish everyone a good time and Kalo Mhina from tomorrow!! See you all soon.
  • Options
    Just to let people know, finally Thomson have said the Hotel will not be ready in time for the 3rd May and some of the clients have been told they are going to the Alexandra Golden beach instead
  • Options
    Jo AndrewsJo Andrews Member (+) Posts: 1
    What is the weather like mid to late September please?
  • Options
    derekderek Member (+) Posts: 66
    hi jo ,,,,apart from the odd thunderstorm ,all of sept. is good ,, the sea is warm ,sun is warm to hot. if you havnt booked yet check out hotel smaragdi in golden beach. the walk up is a bit steep but when you get up there the view is amazing.. you will also be well looked after by kostas and katerina..

regards
    derek
  • Options
    Found another webcam today, its of the port at Thassos town, if you want to see it just follow this link http://www.thassosmeteo.gr/
  • Options
    Just spotted 2 brave people in the sea, wish we were there.
  • Options
    broderickbroderick Member (+) Posts: 33
    I would love to be sat on front of the Golden Sands right now with a few mythos and dish of nuts. Weather looks perfect for first week of season.
  • Options
    xkebabxxkebabx Member (+) Posts: 4
    Hi Everyone, It's our first time to Thassos (travelling this Sunday) and I have been eagerly watching the Golden Beach webcam. One thing I am very surprised about is the lack of tourists in the Golden Beach area. I know it is very early in the season but I have only seen approx 4 or 5 people pootling around. I wonder if this is always the case for Thassos in early season?
  • Options
    Hi xkebabx,
    nobody has answered your post and not been out so early, but the first Thomson plane went out there on the 3rd May and some of them are staying at the Alexandra Golden Beach at the moment. It's quite early and weather can be pot luch, this week looks like they will have had 4 days of sunshine and 3 sunny/cloud. Because it is early there are only a few sunbeds out and it it difficult to see how many people are using them and the Alexandra beach area is not in camera view.
    However, as the season progresses more sunbeds go out and you will see a lot more people. Vigli's resto next to the rocks seems to have been in darkness this week I can't make out whether it is still closed but probably tomorrow may be their first day.
  • Options
    xkebabxxkebabx Member (+) Posts: 4
    Thanks for replying Delboy :-)

We usually go to Paxos early season but this time we thought we would give Thassos a try, it really is the Emerald Isle isn't it. So, as they are both small islands, I thought there might be a similar amount of holidaymakers. I now realise that Thomson are the only tour operator that arrange package holidays to Thassos and I think that explains the low people count.

I've followed your posts on Trip advisor regarding Thassos and I really enjoyed your trip reports, they are so informative and valuable. Well I'd better get back to packing and running to the shops to pick up last minute stuff. Thanks once again.
  • Options
    ToneTone Member (+) Posts: 65
    Hi xbebabx. If this is your first time to Thassos you've nothing to worry about - early season or not you will find everyone really friendly and good food everywhere . We discovered Thassos 15 years ago after holidaying at most of the other popular Greek Islands and have been returning every year since - the place just gets to you :) You have definitely chosen the best resort in Golden Beach and Scala Potamia - both are so good - if you're staying in Golden Beach take time to walk up the beach to Scala Potamia - it's a bit more lively ( especially early season ) and have some wonderful tavernas right by the sea - heaven I kid you not ! If you want to see more of the Island - go and see Conrad at Speedy Cars ( in SP ) they are by far the cheapest car hire but very reliable an honest - with a car you can drive in to Thassos Town and walk up the mountain to see the Amphitheatre , some of the mountain villages are well worth the effort to visit - friendly locals and architecture - have a cool drink at Limanaria port - visit the monastery and so many other really lovely places .In recent years we have stayed in Smaragdi apartments - Costas and Katerina really look after you - apartments are clean and the views are breathtaking - as you have probably read the hill is a real climb ( although as you are in early season at least it won't be 100 F - we just bite the bullet and have a car the whole fortnight - it's so much easier to get up the other end of the strip and of course go anywhere and to go and have a breakast at the Green Sea about half way along to Scala , Other tavernas we return to each year are Kranbousa and Korali .

The weather now can be changeable in early and late season as Thassos is one of the most Northern Islands - but believe me you won't have any regrets - we have to wait another couple of months before we go again - our 15th visit but just as exciting.