Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos - Page 95

Home Go-Thassos Comments
Options

Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos

Comments

• Options
    Wendy FlemingWendy Fleming Member (+) Posts: 75
    Well, at last heard from Cosmos, told me what I already knew, they are not flying to Kavala this year. How come they advertise there not going, but still take your money.
  • Options
    DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    Hi Wendy

Cosmos are really part of Monarch airlines but split into two companies. Cosmos did their holiday booking etc. However, Monarch nearly went into meltdown and had to cut back their staff and fleet and now concentrating on the budget airline routes to survive.
    I guess no decision had been made on what routes were to be pulled till some time later. I don't know any details of times etc but have a read of this article
    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/3da19e1c-2600-11e4-9bca-00144feabdc0.html#axzz3R0Fhd4CB
  • Options
    Hi Wendy
    That link no longer works for me but if you google Monarch Cosmos you can see the relation they have and how Monarch have had to rain back after being bought out
  • Options
    Oh there is snow on the mountains this morning
  • Options
    derekderek Member (+) Posts: 66
    anybody seen or know the where a bouts of the lady ,i used to call marina,,who used to run the traintrips //to potamia and panagia??

• Options
    she was in the bar across the road from the Marina hotel, is she not there now Derek
  • Options
    hi dellboy;;
    yes marina did work in the bar ,,and ran the noddytrain whenever,,and then she wasnt there anymore.. very odd..
  • Options
    Nannie FrenchNannie French Member (+) Posts: 45
    VERY cold and windy today. Mountains do look pretty with the snow, but... Roll on Spring....
  • Options
    ToneTone Member (+) Posts: 65
    A couple of years ago we met "Marina" in a little cafe in Thassos town just along from the harbour - it was a new venture for her after she left Golden Beach . Last year we walked along that way but the cafe was in different hands - I suspect it may not have worked out probably because there are so many cafes around - she may even have returned to the UK.

Wendy - sorry to hear Cosmos have indeed opted out of Thassos - as they are ABTA you should have no problem getting your money back . In the last week or so Thomson have quite significantly reduced their package holidays - not sure about flight fares though. As I've said before we love the location of Suzies but Samargdi's accommodation is faultless - if you ,like us , prefer the other end of the bay you will need to hire a car - an extra £200 but so worth it - you can have the best of both worlds - drive down to Green Sea for breakfast - back to Apartments from beach at any time you need too - down to harbour end in Scala Potamia in the evenings for a stroll and meal etc.
  • Options
    Sandra MilesSandra Miles Member (+) Posts: 51
    When we stayed at Emerald we spent all day on the beach near to Scala Potamia, then put on shorts in the changing hut and headed off for a meal in Potamia before getting a taxi back for 6 euros, showering and spending the evening at the pool bar. Far cheaper than a hire car :)
  • Options
    Hi Tone, no problem getting our money back from Cosmos. We are disappointed although we are going to Thassos in June staying in the Yanna behind the Sussie. We have stayed in lots of places in Potamia and Golden beach. The Emerald was very good but I found the hill too much.
  • Options
    Weather looking better and brighter today, tho' that North Easterly wind is chilly.
  • Options
    HadfieldsHadfields Member (+) Posts: 9
    Oh dear, what's happened? Lots of lovely leaves!
  • Options
    Lovely Olive tree!
  • Options
    Hi Wendy
    if you go onto the tripadvisor Parga forum you will see an explanation of the Cosmos/Monarch problems under 'for those that don't subscribe to facebook'' thread
  • Options
    That's a lovely morning, at last. Spring seems to have arrived, 19*. Hope it lasts.....
  • Options
    jlcloverjlclover Member (+) Posts: 7
    Hi at the escape bar its lorraine just wodering how old your children are , we are coming again in may cantwait to see you all x
  • Options
    Thanks Delboy, glad flight was cancelled now. It would have been awful if they had gone bust.
  • Options
    looks more like the north pole ..hope its gone by june..
  • Options
    Too much rain and snow for days - hope it goes soon!
  • Options
    EllieEllie Member (+) Posts: 31
    Does anyone there know what's happening to Pefka Taverna? It looks like they've taken the roof off and are doing some work ... or is it just a trick of the light?
  • Options
    It's looking more like Switzerland with all that snow on the mountains and the added blue sky this morning
  • Options
    SueSue Member (+) Posts: 35
    WOW!!!!!
  • Options
    Adrian LeeAdrian Lee Member (+) Posts: 126
    Looking cloudy and wet today :-(
  • Options
    yes it might get rid of that snow on the mountains which has been there since 9th march