Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos - Page 99

Home Go-Thassos Comments
Options

Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos

Comments

• Options
    Sandra MilesSandra Miles Member (+) Posts: 51
    omg...........on Sunday I shall be back in paradise!
  • Options
    DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    looks like the good weather has now settle for you Sandra, have a good holiday
  • Options
    jlcloverjlclover Member (+) Posts: 7
    Thankyou augie ill try that one cheers
  • Options
    Thomson plane on time snapshot taken 9.20am Andra will be aboard lol

• Options
    sorry mis spell Sandra
  • Options
    Manchester flight not far behind at 9.35am

• Options
    tonitoni Member (+) Posts: 108
    how do you track the flights
    we have a 7 week wait till we are back in beautiful thassos
  • Options
    Hi Tone,
    I use planefinder.com but there are several others. Once in the site you see a map of the world with every plane in flight. There is a filter on the righthand side that looks like a funnel. Click on it and then pick the airline. I type Thomson in and it finds Thomson airways for you, then save the filter and only Thomson planes in flight are shown. If you put your cursor over the plane it will show you the flight numbers and where it is from / and going to, as in the pictures below. Once it disapperas from screen it has landed but you dont always get the landing itself. You can zoom in / and out and drag the map. All the planes are in real time and places like Luton I can watch them land/ take off on the runway.
  • Options
    broderickbroderick Member (+) Posts: 33
    Hi Delboy

Thanks for sharing this information. Just tested it out spotting a plane overhead and found it was traveling from Cork to Birmingham. Will definitely be checking on Sunday for the Thomson Kavala planes and wishing I was on the 7am outbound flight. .
  • Options
    cooperkidscooperkids Member (+) Posts: 75
    Just has great week in skala rachoni. Weather mixed at beginning but settled quite nicely. 8 hour flight delay on return had to fly a mechanic out from UK. Luckily no kids with us. We loved thassos and may try golden beach in September looking at Smaro hotel - any info xx
  • Options
    Hi Broderick
    you're welcome, it's not 100% accurate as it overlays the satellite readings over google maps. On the Birmingham landings, the last satellite readings seem to stop at Bickinhill as below, yet at Luton you see them going down the runway. Kavala they stop in the sea lol but much better than looking at airport boards that dont get updated for hours.
  • Options
    Hi Cooperkids,
    you should each be entitled to 600€ compensation for that delay length of time. See the European compensation laws on flight delays
  • Options
    Here's a couple of pictures of the Smaro, it's on the front near the sea and has ground in front
    that people use as a car park for the beach but location is fine

• Options
    you can click on those two pictures to make them larger
  • Options
    Compo sound good delboy. Do i do it through thomson xx
  • Options
    Hi Cooperkids,

I hope this is ok to add but we have a guru on the majorcaforum.com who has successfully got compensation and has advised others. I have put this link in so you can see some of the advice

you can press the 'dont display again' on the popup it goes away or register and ask Mark for advice it's completely free like this forum

http://majorcaforum.forumsmotion.com/t9351-flight-delay-compensation-information?highlight=travel+compensation

I remember Mark's delay of over three hours as the tour rep at the airport was fobbing them off telling them the plane was on the way. However, I had tracking on the plane and it was no where near coming (you can't fob people off so easy these days).

But have a read, as I understand it, mechanical faults are not extraordinary circumstances as the airlines have tried to claim and have been overruled by the courts.

Mark is always willing to help anyone on the forum
  • Options
    I purposely put the Smaro at the bottom of this picture, the car parking I mentioned is further to the left than I thought, you can just see the triangular roof pieces if you look at the other pictures below to compare
    if you click on the picture it gets bigger
  • Options
    Hi thrre does anyone know the flight length from kavala to Birmingham ?
  • Options
    flightscanner say 3hr 20mins average,

PS that delay compensation is £340 pp for over 3 hours delay

kilometres Birmingham to Kavala is 2359 kilometres

£210 / €250 for flights less than 1500km.
    £340 / €400 for flights over 1500km.
    £510 / €600 for flights over 3500km.
  • Options
    worried about the greek economy situation
    will we be able to go to thassos in august will airlines still be flying there
    has anyone got any advice
  • Options
    ToneTone Member (+) Posts: 65
    Hi Toni .

We're off on 5th July and have had the same worries - as regards ready cash I don't think there is too much to worry about - just take enough euros and pounds to get you through your holiday without having to use ATM's - I read somewhere even if they revert back to Drachma 's it will take 18 months to convert . I think the biggest danger is "strikes " - if Greece default on 30th June then they will have no money to pay state workers their salaries or pensions - this could easily result in airport and public transport workers striking or just not bothering to turn up for work :(
    I 'm nor really a betting man but I do think a deal ( albeit may be temporary ) will be struck at the eleventh hour as coming out of the EU would be a total disaster to both sides .
  • Options
    AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 822
    edited June 2015
    Tone's advice is sound. I agree that as long as you have some cash to hold you through your holiday, you'll have nothing to worry about - and that's only if the worst-case scenario plays out.

Most people are confident that a deal will be struck which will avert this worst-case scenario from ever happening. The VAST majority of Greek people do not want a Grexit and it's not within the mandate they gave to the current government.

People here have high hopes and want the best possible outcome for both Greece and Europe.

In response to Tone's comment about the government not paying state workers, and subsequent strikes:

I honestly don't believe this will be the case.

Strikes in the recent past were continuously held to protest the undemocratic approach previous governments were taking when passing legislation according to creditors' demands. Today, the people seem to support the current government and may be more accepting of its policies, especially after seeing how this government stood up for the victims of the crisis, unlike its predecessors. In my opinion, strikes are less likely - especially if they would have a negative impact on tourism, Greece's only remaining economic lifeblood.

I also feel this way because of personal discussions I had with several civil servants. To my surprise, some suggested they would be willing to forego a month's salary at the end of this month to ensure the government has the money to pay the IMF on time and avoid a sovereign default.

As Merkel put it: "Where there's a will, there's a way." :)
  • Options
    ToneTone Member (+) Posts: 65
    Hi Augie.
    Thanks for the insight . I feel so much for the Greek people - it must be so stressful for everyone. I so hope common sense prevails and agreement can be reached .
  • Options
    Thank you for the advice, We hope that they can reach an agreement
    We want to come and spend our holiday money there ,its a small way to help the greek people on thassos
  • Options
    Hi delboy was just wondering - where do you stay in golden beach ?