thank you
    summer seems such a long time ago and a long way off
  • Options
    derekderek Member (+) Posts: 66
    hi nannie
    thanks for info on metallia etc..
  • Options
    derekderek Member (+) Posts: 66
    nice to have cam back on again,, thanks team..dont think i,ll bother to swim today..might get lost in the fog..
  • Options
    Adrian LeeAdrian Lee Member (+) Posts: 126
    Can have my daily Thassos fix again,
  • Options
    Nannie FrenchNannie French Member (+) Posts: 45
    Not enjoying all this cloud and stormy weather - where's the winter sun?
  • Options
    Whoa!!, it's a bit wild this morning,I would still love to be walking along there now
  • Options
    Too stormy for me - hope all the olives are in?
  • Options
    Still raining? When will it stop?
  • Options
    What, more rini? Where's it all coming from and more to the point, where is it all going too? the road to Golden Beach will be washed away soon...
  • Options
    SueSue Member (+) Posts: 35
    Nice bit of sunshine in Golden Beach and here in Warwickshire today, think I know where I would rather be.
  • Options
    Looks nice this morning
  • Options
    ToneTone Member (+) Posts: 65
    Looks like Cosmos are back with Thassos in 2015 :) 2014 they used Monarch - 2015 is an Airline called Small Planet - never heard of them other than knowing they're a Lithuanian airline - TBH sounds a bit iffy - prices are really good though and it's definitely a broadside against Thomson which must be a good thing ! Anybody flown with them ?
  • Options
    DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    Hi Tone,
    I flew with Small Planet, three years ago to Lemnos with Sunvil, they then only had two old planes but hired another Lithuanian Airline Aurela Airlines to fly us out. Only one of the crew spoke broken English and the plane looked like we were doing an episode of 'Goodnight Sweetheat' we had the most uncomfortable journey back as our knees were jammed against the bulkhead after booking extra leg room which didn't exist. The following year there were horrendous delays with people waiting 15 hours or more for planes to be repaired (see the TA cephalonia site and type in Small Planet, they have based themselves in Poland and people have been struggling to get compensation from them.Later Aureala Airline being used by Monarch appeared on the BBC news skidding off the runway at Birmingham airport (google video on it,it's still there). After which were were not going to use either again.
    I understand Small Planet have now bought more (eg 7-10 year old aircraft) to boost their fleet and had a better year last year but I for one won't be using them
  • Options
    EllieEllie Member (+) Posts: 31
    What a glorious day! Merry Christmas to the Go Thassos team, to everyone on Thassos, and to all who love it ... have a wonderful holiday!
  • Options
    SueSue Member (+) Posts: 35
    Happy Christmas to the Thassos team and to everyone who loves this web site.
  • Options
    GoThassosGoThassos Administrator Posts: 128
    Many of us are probably spending quality time with dear friends and family today. Coming here to watch the webcam on a day like this proves you hold Thassos close to your heart.

What ever you're doing today, enjoy it to the fullest!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Καλά Χριστούγεννα!

-The Team (Soula, Sebastian, Panagiota, Gregory, Paul and Augie)
  • Options
    dakibaldakibal Member (+) Posts: 0
    Hi, Derek, Karnagio is near capital, Limenas and Metallia beach is near Limenaria, in the south of this lovely island.
  • Options
    Loving the lights along the "Yellow Brick road", Looks really cheerful tonight. Hope to be able to walk it again in a month or two. Happy New Year to all, and best wishes for good health and happiness in 2015.
  • Options
    GoThassosGoThassos Administrator Posts: 128
    edited January 2015
    Happy New Year to everyone from Thassos!

May 2015 bring good health, tremendous joy, and of course, new experiences to remember for a lifetime.

Come make unforgettable memories on Thassos this year.

Book early and enjoy savings from these special offers while you still can. Oh, and remember to always book direct for the best price. We provide the contact information of hundreds of accommodations on Thassos to make this easy for you.

Καλή χρονιά σε όλους με υγεία και ευτυχία!
  • Options
    angieangie Member (+) Posts: 37
    Happy New Year to the Go Thassos team.........you do a brilliant job ....we love what you do....and we will be back in June and again in September to your beautiful island!
  • Options
    grandma56grandma56 Member (+) Posts: 48
    Happy New Year to all watching the webcam, and especially to those who stay at Nostos.
    Looking forward already to our summer holiday.
    Wishing you all well.
  • Options
    tonitoni Member (+) Posts: 108
    Happy New Year to everyone
    Lets hope for a happy healthy one
    I can now say I am coming to Thassos this year
    it makes it sound better than next year
    roll on August
  • Options
    juliebjulieb Member (+) Posts: 26
    Wow! Some brave person is actually swimming off the old harbour!
  • Options
    I would love to be strolling along there right now
  • Options
    ToneTone Member (+) Posts: 65
    edited January 2015
    Looks like Cosmos are not coming to Thassos in 2015 after all - all references to Thassos have disappeared from their " destinations " - bit hard on anyone who have already booked - presume they will get their money back . We went with them last year to Suzies and was hoping to do the same this year - then we found they were going to use Small Planet airline ( see my previous post ) Does look now this option has been taken away and we'll back with Thomson . We will be returning to Smaragdi's with Costas and Katerina - accommodation faultless but location on the infamous hill is hard work - we will do what we've done in the past when we've stayed there and hire a car for the duration from Conrad at Speedys - an extra expense but well worth it to get to Scala Potamia each night to eat at the best tavernas and not have to climb up that hill constantly :)