Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos - Page 94

Home Go-Thassos Comments
Options

Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos

Comments

• Options
    Derek WalkerDerek Walker Member (+) Posts: 5
    We have just booked with Olympic to stay at the suzi, stayed there last year
  • Options
    VintageVivVintageViv Member (+) Posts: 50
    So looking forward to moussaka, mythos and exploring Thassos, especially Golden Beach, this year - missed our holiday last year so much!
  • Options
    ToneTone Member (+) Posts: 65
    Hi Derek . Good to see someone else who loves Suzies - over the years we've stayed there at least seven times - location is perfect if you want to be up that end of the bay . Only reason we're not going with Olympic is the cost - the holiday itself is quite a bit dearer than Thomson and you have to pay extra for transfers ( £40 pp for coach transfer ) Fortunately the difference will pay for the hire car so we can have the convenience of having a car all the time .
  • Options
    Wendy FlemingWendy Fleming Member (+) Posts: 75
    We have booked with Cosmos for September, we haven't heard anything from them regarding any changes.
  • Options
    Hi Wendy. I would ring Cosmos for peace of mind . It's all a bit puzzling that Thassos doesn't get a mention on their website - where are you flying from ? We fly from Gatwick so may be it's only here they've ditched - hopefully all is well . If they haven't contacted you then everything must be okay.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Hi Tone, just rang Cosmos every thing ok. They had a problem with flights. We are flying from Gatwick on a Sunday, last year I believe they travelled on a Tuesday. We booked for September staying in the Sussie. and got a great deal.
  • Options
    Hi Wendy - so pleased for you - as I've said before we love Susies. Last year we flew with Monarch on a Tuesday as you say - everything went okay other than the pain of the return journey having to go via Skiathos - the timings were not helpful either as we live on the Isle of Wight and only just made the last catamaran back over on Tuesday night . If Cosmos offer direct flights in the future we will definitely use them again. Enjoy your stay - hope you get one of the big studios upstairs .
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Hi Tone, we also live on the Isle of Wight, small world. We have stayed in the Sussie many times over the years. We have also travelled independently, flying to Thessalonki and driving to Thassos. We are flying with Thomsons in June and staying behind the Sussie, the Yanna studios. it is a direct flight with Cosmos in September.
  • Options
    grandma56grandma56 Member (+) Posts: 48
    Holiday booked. Now just counting the days till we can return to our favourite island.
  • Options
    Adrian LeeAdrian Lee Member (+) Posts: 126
    looks a little windy today.
  • Options
    HadfieldsHadfields Member (+) Posts: 9
    edited January 2015
    Just found this on the internet, written by Tony Oswin towards the end of 2014. Tony lives on the island and writes the A-Z guides to Thassos. This Would explain why Thassos does not now appear on the Cosmos website..............

We are sad to confirm that Cosmos Holidays, has pulled out of Thassos for 2015.

This leaves only Thomson and Olympic Holidays as the two main UK holiday companies offering Thassos as a destination in 2015
    However, the good news is that on November 27, 2014, Alexander the Great Airport (Kavala Airport), situated on the mainland opposite the island, officially passed into private hands, having been sold off by the Greek government. This opens the way for budget airlines to offer low-cost direct flights from the UK and other European countries.
  • Options
    SueSue Member (+) Posts: 35
    HI GRANDMA 56 WE HAVE BOOKED AS WELL, 19TH JULY FOR TWO WEEKS,CAN'T WAIT!
  • Options
    I don't know what's going on, we have booked with Cosmos. I spoke to someone and also e-mailed. No one knows whats happening.
  • Options
    DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    Hi All

Just like to mention that the tour operator Sunvil holidays are now offering holidays in Thassos
  • Options
    Blue Bay in Golden beach is one of their accommodations they have on the Sunvil books
  • Options
    grandma56grandma56 Member (+) Posts: 48
    Hi Sue, good to see we are all going back again this year, sadly we will miss you as we arrive as you return!
  • Options
    Wendy - hope it can be sorted soon - perhaps they will arrange for you to fly with Thomson in Sept - Olympia use thomson airline.

Delboy - had a look at Sunvil - yes they do but the prices are more than double that of Thomson.
  • Options
    slight exaggeration - sunvil are more expensive than Thomson but to be fair probably not quite double !
  • Options
    Hi Tone,
    I didn't check the prices but just saying there is an additional package tour company to Thomson and Olympic. Do Sunvil have the same hotels as Thomson, as prices will vary per hotel
  • Options
    Hi, Sunvil are using Thomson's flights. They have taken over a couple of places in Potimia, that Tomson use to have.
  • Options

just looked at Thomons for flights in September. £700 per person. There needs to be more competition.
  • Options
    Thomson apply no logic other than make it very expensive to "do your own thing" with flights only. We're paying £468 pp to go in July as a package that includes flights ,transfers and accommodation for 2 weeks - I've not looked but a flight only deal would cost almost as much - In the past I've considered booking the cheapest package anywhere in golden Beach to get flights and transfers and then stay where we'd prefer - you'll not legally bound to stay at the booked accommodation.
  • Options
    Hi Tone, we have booked flights with Thomsons for June £370. Since we still haven't heard from Cosmos re our holiday in September I thought I'd look again for flights only. As you say it's cheaper to book a package. I'm not sure what to do about Cosmos, I don't know whether to wait or cancel.
  • Options
    Nikos KonsoulasNikos Konsoulas Member (+) Posts: 45
    kavala airport and other regional are up for sale if not sold already, so some competition need it. Thompson charges for a 2 week flight only in august for 4 people £1970 plus bags from Manchester. as package ill be looking around 4-5k.
    that's very bad considering that i can go to canaries for a month for that price. but that's not the point. the point is that because of the monopoly they can charge what ever they want. so disappointed with this prices.
  • Options
    basically Thomson's are not interested in selling you a flight only and will charge you those prices