Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos - Page 91

Home Go-Thassos Comments
Options

Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos

Comments

• Options
    grandma56grandma56 Member (+) Posts: 48
    Also returned on Sunday after yet another brilliant holiday on Thassos. Also managed a few days in Thessalonika (interesting but extremely hot!)
    Agree about the increase if insect bites this year! Managed them with Autan, but did have to be sure to use the spray regularly day and night.
    Recommend Palude at Golden Beach for an excellent place to eat day or evening. Changed to a taverna this year from a snack/gyros last year.. Service, quality of food and value excellent. Recommend the sea bass.
    Looking at booking next years holiday already!
  • Options
    Sandra MilesSandra Miles Member (+) Posts: 51
    anyone worried about mosquito bites get some repellent with 100% deet in it. I get it for hubby from Amazon as he has very bad reaction to the bites. He has never been bitten when wearing it :)
  • Options
    angieangie Member (+) Posts: 37
    Looking lovely there this morning!......Really looking forward to going back to this beautiful island...10 days and we'll be there! :):)
  • Options
    Nikos KonsoulasNikos Konsoulas Member (+) Posts: 45
    hi dellboy i cant remember the name of the shop but i know the owner. he was my teacher in primary school in potos he's name is thomas if helps.
  • Options
    DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    Hi Nikos
    Thanks for the help, it is a guy on the TA forum who was asking the name after giving a description of the place, I happened to have a photo of it lol. Unfortunately the name on the top of the shop is not clear, so I said I would ask on here whether anybody knew it
  • Options
    Hi again Nikos
    This is another shot of the top part of the shop but name is blurred

http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img539/8733/0XArAv.png
  • Options
    GoThassosGoThassos Administrator Posts: 128
    Hi Delboy,

Thanks for posting that second photo, it was a much better clue than the 1st photo you posted. :)

The name of the shop is: Μελιστάλακτο (Melistalakto)

Here's a webpage the owners have made for the shop:
    http://www.anastasia-rooms.gr/en/melistalakton-shop-anastasia-rooms-potamia-thassos

Mystery solved! :)
  • Options
    Thanks Thassos team, I love it when a mystery is solved, I will pass it on to the Guy who was asking, much obliged
  • Options
    derekderek Member (+) Posts: 66
    3rd sept. its more like 3rd. december..the weather has gone mad...think i,ll go to margate...
  • Options
    SueSue Member (+) Posts: 35
    Where has everyone gone???? Its been days since anyone put a comment on here .Its still looking good. Plenty of sunshine and people swimming. Roll on next year!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    ToneTone Member (+) Posts: 65
    We went back to Suzies this year and good old Panos gave us one of his best rooms :) We had to go with Cosmos which meant returning to Gatwick via Skiathos - was really worth it though for the location. We were the only ones to get off at Kavala and subsequently were treated like royalty - Cosmos laid on taxis just for us for the transfers. We simply love Suzies and so wish Thomson would take it back as I can't see Cosmos doing this again next year as they must have made a big loss in having to do a separate landing for a handful of people each time at Kavala.

We went a little later this year so the beach was a lot busier - we always park ourselves just along from the Green Sea - just far enough away from the really naff Benidorm type congregation that seems to have sprung up this year with loud music througout the afternoon - the locals cannot be happy about this as it must have an effect of the older regulars who return every year :(

Like others have commented it is really noticeable how many East Europeans seem to descend on Thassos these days .

We came away wondering if we perhaps have had enough of Thassos but within days of getting home we really missed it and cannot think of a viable alternative . We think the answer is to go earlier in June. We will definitely go again next year.
  • Options
    Hi Tone,
    Yes go earlier, we noticed that the start of July the road down to the coast had got busier than the week before and more rows of sunbeds were being placed out in that second week. The beach down at Skala Potamia is a lot more cramped as the beach (apart from the harbour section) is a lot narrower. IMO much better to be down Golden Beach end of the resort but realise you like your accommodation at Skala Potamia
  • Options
    VintageVivVintageViv Member (+) Posts: 50
    How can Thomsons justify a cost of £1087.96 for 2 Adults + 20kgs baggage and no other frills -to fly out to Thassos on Sunday 21st September? It's time another airline came on board!
  • Options
    Nikos KonsoulasNikos Konsoulas Member (+) Posts: 45
    hi vivchris unfortunately that's how it is, monopoly of Thompson fly, and that's because with big hotels like ALEXANDRA BEACH and other hotels in limenas. i got the same problem year after year .had a look for 4 people 2A and 2K £2050 plus bags for august next year. monarch were flown this year but it was mid week Tuesday flights, which i cant see doing it for another year, again unfortunately no other airliner willing to fly there. its just to expensive the airport to fly last time i had a look in to it (airport charges etc). i even had an email to easy jet as if they will fly to that route but i had negative report from them. well wait and see. however though Thompson will fly twice a week next year from Gatwick that's the strange thing it seems there is people the economic crisis it didn't affect them LOL. kalispera se olous kai kali synexeia .
    Nikos potos.
  • Options
    Adrian LeeAdrian Lee Member (+) Posts: 126
    For the last 2 years we have come to Thassos independantly, we fly into Thessaloniki airport,(£275 per couple) a large one bedroomed apartment in Golden Beach (£400 for 2 weeks) car hire (£250 for 2 weeks) that's only £975. I was quoted £1007 by thomsons for a studio but without car hire.
    People will say driving from the airport is a hassle, but this is not true, it is so easy to do.
    The next time we return to Thassos we shall be doing it this way again.
  • Options
    tonitoni Member (+) Posts: 108
    We had two lovely weeks in August staying in skala potamia. for the last 10 years we have gone independent, flying to Thessaloniki and then driving. The route is very easy especially now the new road is finished. We rebooked for next year in August flying with BA for family of 4 £250 each. We have been with Easyjet as well but at the time of booking they hadn't released their prices and the BA ones go up everyday so you have to get in there quick.
  • Options
    Nannie FrenchNannie French Member (+) Posts: 45
    WoW!! that was some storm yesterday - hope it don't do too much damage. What a summer of mixed weather it has been in Europe. First day of Autumn. Good to see it's just another lovely day in paradise once again.
  • Options
    Too much rain...
  • Options
    That's much better, a lovely morning again s is more usual in September and October. Enjoy these late summer, early Autumn weeks everyone. Brilliant days for swimming and lazing.
  • Options
    Adrian LeeAdrian Lee Member (+) Posts: 126
    Looks absolutely stunning this morning
  • Options
    I'll second that - sparkling, shiny and clear and the beach is so peaceful. Water looks great too. Hope the good weather lasts.
  • Options
    A lovely Charlotte's web on the camera.....
  • Options
    Another beautiful morning and the beach and the sea look so clean and tidy and inviting....
  • Options
    GoThassosGoThassos Administrator Posts: 128
    Hi Nannie,

We shall see to it that charlotte's web is removed so you may once again have a clear view of Thassos. Unfortunately we cannot promise the safe relocation of the spider as they're quite agile creatures and hard to catch, especially when we're armed with just a ladder and a broomstick! Yes, yes... we're a bit old-fashioned when it comes to this.

The camera seems to be prime real estate for spiders and their webs. Over the years, we've been evicting them continuously in vain... they just keep coming back! I do wonder why. Could it be the view? Could it be because they like the attention? Perhaps a spider whisperer could reveal this to us... do you know of anyone that could help us solve this mystery?
  • Options
    VintageVivVintageViv Member (+) Posts: 50
    Wow, how beautiful it looks today, if only we could get on a flight and get out there and enjoy that empty beach all to ourselves!

Thank you to those who replied to our query about flights. Unfortunately when you drive long distances with your job, and living rurally, it is nice to go away on holiday and not drive, so driving from Thessaloniki to Thassos is not an option we would wish to do! We already get up at 3.00am in the morning to get to the airport and we usually land at our hotel in Thassos at 3.30pm - see what I mean?

Saying that, when we sit on the ferry, with the seagulls flocking around the boat, and we get our first glimpse of the island of Thassos in the distance, the long journey is all worth it!