Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos - Page 89

Home Go-Thassos Comments

Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos

Comments

• shirlthegirlshirlthegirl Member (+) Posts: 24
    What's that I see on the webcam at the moment? There seems to be a lot of smoke on one of the views over the mountains. Hopefully, it's just very low cloud but it does look like smoke?
    There's often a boat moored up in one of the webshots. A few people are getting on it this morning. Does anybody know where the boat goes to please? I'm presuming it's a boat trip of some sort?
  • GeorgeWAGeorgeWA Member (+) Posts: 0
    Hello Sue, we were at Golden Beach 3 weeks ago and the Playa D ora was still in the location as it was last year.
  • tonitoni Member (+) Posts: 107
    I think the boat you can see is a boat trip it may be called zeus boat trip.
    its a daily cruise around the coast stopping off for people to jump in sea for swimming
    and a beach bbq. I have seen them in the evenings at skala potamia selling the tickets.
    hi Toni, thanks for the reply. It's looking a bit breezy there today lol Is there often a breeze on the island?
  • SueSue Member (+) Posts: 35
    Thanks for letting us know GeorgeWA we were told they had moved! Hope you had a good holiday, looks great today three more weeks for us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BrisolaBuddBrisolaBudd Member (+) Posts: 4
    The webcam is fantastic, you give me my daily fix of this wonderful island. Also see if I can spot my friends along the beach
    Hi Shirlthegirl
    when we go august there is usually a nice breeze down by the sea.
    But this year it does seem to be windy early
    Thanks we will be there in 5 weeks. Can't wait!
    we will be there in 5 weeks as well. going on 3rd august.
    so looking forward to it. the holiday really starts when you are on the ferry and you see Thasos getting nearer and nearer. so special
    You fly on the same day as us Toni. We have a nice early flight at 7am from Birmingham. Where are you flying from?
    we have got the 8am flight from gatwick
    Have a good journey. 4 weeks tomorrow lol
  • Derek WalkerDerek Walker Member (+) Posts: 5
    only been home 12 days missing Thassos like crazy
    down to 4 weeks now
  • VintageVivVintageViv Member (+) Posts: 50
    What lovely memories do you have of Thassos? Mine are smelling the lemons as you walk back to the Blue Bay on a moonlit evening, with the moon glinting over the water of Golden Beach - absolutely awesome!
  • grandma56grandma56 Member (+) Posts: 48
    Meeting the most hospitable people of all the places visited
    Looking forward to our 4th visit in three weeks time!
    Jumping off the boat 'Zeus ' into crystal clear warm water before sharing a BBQ cooked by the boats owner.
  • Adrian LeeAdrian Lee Member (+) Posts: 126
    The look of pleasure on the faces off old friends when you walk into there tavernas or shops, priceless. :-)
    Tasting your first Mythos as you sit on the quayside at Keramoti waiting to board the ferry to beautiful Thassos. It never tastes the same back home!
    Beautiful morning!
    What is best way of getting from Kavala airport to Panagia please? Are buses and ferries regular for return trip? Would hate to miss flight and have to stay on Thassos!
  • Nikos KonsoulasNikos Konsoulas Member (+) Posts: 45
    hi viv and chris the best way is when you arrive take a taxi from the airport as there is no buses, 5 -10 minutes, and then ferries every half hour, 35-40 minutes trip time, then a bus from limenas to panagia i think is every hour or so, for 20 minutes.
    Hope that helps.
    31 days to go and check in opens tomorrow for flights.
    Thank you for your message. Nicki at Blue Bay also been very helpful and also helped us loads.
    3 weeks to go
    14 sleeps left!!
    Water looks soooo inviting. Weather not bad here though, so can't complain