Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos - Page 87

Home Go-Thassos Comments

Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos

Comments

• grandma56grandma56 Member (+) Posts: 48
    Quiet on beach this morning. Looks so inviting. Hope all are well after the news of earthquakes in the region yesterday.
  • lefterislefteris Member (+) Posts: 7
    looking nice and sunny only four weeks for us and will be there
  • SANDYSANDY Member (+) Posts: 9
    Is anyone going to be there from 14th - 28th sept? We hope to be staying at the Blue Bay those weeks. Would be nice to meet up with a fellow Thassian blogger for a drink?
  • pan222666222111333pan222666222111333 Member (+) Posts: 0
    μπραβω χιλια μπραβω για την καμερα web απλα δεινω το λινκ τις καμερας στους 2500 φιλους μου στο face bookκαι βλεπουνε οτι το ομορφο ξενοδοχειο σας δειχνει και την επισης ομορφη παραλια σας
  • SimonSimon Member (+) Posts: 1
    Just returned from a brilliant week at the Emerald. My 2nd visit here, love this place so much and always sad to leave. Any dog lovers staying there check out Cookie the gorgeous pup at the back of the hotel...cuddles every day off him and broke my heart to leave him. Think I might have been the only one not to feel the earthquake...and I was sober!!
  • stevenm5264stevenm5264 Member (+) Posts: 2
    if we took the bus to alyki from thassos town how long would we be able to spend there before last bus back thanks
  • helentoohelentoo Member (+) Posts: 8
    Hi, Stevenm. The bus timetable - as soon as it is made available by KTEL, is always posted on the Go Thassos site ( click on the bus icon at the very top of the home page) At present, May, it's showing buses from Thassos to Aliki at 6.20, 9.40, 11.45 and 13.00 . It's about 50-55 mins to Aliki with the stops en route. €3.70 each, each way.
    It's not clear but it looks as if the 'bus back is about 16.00. Check at the bus station in town.
    Or, if you get a group of 4 people together, ask one of the restaurants or shops in Aliki to call you a taxi from Limenaria to take you back to Limenas , or take a phone number of a Limenas taxi with you.
  • stevenm5264stevenm5264 Member (+) Posts: 2
    thankyou helentoo
  • Nikos KonsoulasNikos Konsoulas Member (+) Posts: 45
    9 weeks to go. Anyone will be there on 11-25 of august?
    kalimera se olous tous xristes.
  • normastephennormastephen Member (+) Posts: 18
    Thank's Angie for your feed back about the Sunray we can't wait just 6 weeks to go.
  • Where is the cam?????
  • grandma56grandma56 Member (+) Posts: 48
    Despite the weather, golden beach is looking good as ever. Only wish we were there and not here in UK. Just another 8weeks and won't need to be looking via webcam.
  • Pops53Pops53 Member (+) Posts: 2
    A bit murky this morning but still looks good. Only 8 weeks to go.
  • SueandMacSueandMac Member (+) Posts: 99
    Dont worry the sun is shining in Limenas and Potos!
  • tonitoni Member (+) Posts: 107
    hurray
    into single figures now only 9 weeks till we go to skala potamia
    roll on 3rd august
  • Jozias BooneJozias Boone Member (+) Posts: 3
    Is it always this cloudy/rainy in june?
  • helentoohelentoo Member (+) Posts: 8
    Hello, Jozias. It is indeed not usual to get several consecutive days of showers and clouds in June, but it does happen occasionally, as is the same all over Europe at present. However, just look at the number of people on the beaches and on the sun beds and going around still in the lovely warm weather (23' today). Just a bit of a different holiday.
  • Jozias BooneJozias Boone Member (+) Posts: 3
    Hi Helen. You are right! The weather in Europe is really unstable at the moment. Here in Holland the temperature will reach 29 degrees this weekend... I also saw al the people at the sunbeds at Golden beach so the weather shouldn't be that cold I guess ;) And there is much more to discover on Thassos according to al the information on this websites so I won't be bored this coming holiday! ;)
  • Nikos KonsoulasNikos Konsoulas Member (+) Posts: 45
    hello users here are current weather conditions:
    North aegean Thassos IGREECE4
    Greece, > 40.743 24.577 > 22 m
    Current Conditions Station reported 1 minute ago
    21.6 °C
    Feels Like 21.6 °C
    km/h
    Wind from SE
    Gusts 14.8 km/h
    Dew Point:
    16 °C
    Humidity:
    69%
    Precip Rate:
    0 mm/hr
    Precip Accum:
    5 mm
    Pressure:
    1015.8 hPa
    UV:
    Solar:
    --
    Soil Moisture:
    --
    Soil Temp:
    --
    Leaf Wetness:
    --
    5:51 AM
    8:48 PM
    Waxing Crescent | 38% Illuminated

and this is the web address for thassos weather station:HTTP://weather.realestate-thassos.com/
    found it today hope it helps.

• SueLSueL Member (+) Posts: 0
    Hello ! My first post here. Coming again in a couple of weeks, can't wait !
    Does the webcam still stop at the slipway for half an hour & if so at what time ?
    Sue
  • GoThassosGoThassos Administrator Posts: 128
    Hi Sue,

Nice to see you posting! :)

The camera does not stop for 30 minutes as it used to because last year we made some changes to the settings. We shortened the amount of time for each view from 2 minutes down to 30 seconds. This allows the camera to move through all the spots much quicker, which means when you are at the rocks you don't need to wait long until you will be visible on the Live Camera.

Before we made the change it took over 20 minutes for the camera to cycle through all the views until it showed the people standing near the rocks at the end of Golden Beach. We managed to cut this time down to every 5 minutes! So throughout the day, you can go to the rocks and be seen by friends and family for 30 seconds (plenty of time to wave and blow kisses!) every 5 minutes. If they don't see you in time, you'll have another chance just 5 minutes later!

This way gives you more opportunities to be seen on the camera by friends and family.
  • VintageVivVintageViv Member (+) Posts: 50
    What a beautiful day in Golden Beach - but that's it - I've had my fix - cheered myself up - now must get on with the housework!
  • tonitoni Member (+) Posts: 107
    8 weeks now to we get to thassos skala potamia
    cant wait to set foot the golden beach and visiting yiota and vasilis in café thomai
  • sunhatladysunhatlady Member (+) Posts: 6
    Toni - we arrive on the 3rd as well
  • Adrian LeeAdrian Lee Member (+) Posts: 126
    Golden Beach is looking good today