Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos - Page 133

Home Go-Thassos Comments

Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos

Comments

• SebastianSebastian Administrator Posts: 18
    @dodo I've watched the beach pan from start to finish, but I wasn't able to see what you've described. Do you happen to remember what was the time? If you see it again, please record the time and let us know. Last week, I did quite a big of debugging which sorted out strange camera movements (which were like what you've described), but those should be gone now.
  • dodododo Member Posts: 13
    Hi Sebastian
    Thank you for the answer
    Yes, the problem no longer exists. It started around 10:40 when the image went down to the water level, without seeing the beach.
    It has certainly been resolved. Now it is OK.
    I have been coming to Skala Potamia for 7 years from September 1st to September 21st. I always watch the beach pictures with great pleasure.
    And this year I will come again on August 31st.
    Best regards
  • tonitoni Member (+) Posts: 107
    No camera today 😞
  • AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 817
    @toni Today, the internet was down in the area for a few hours due to infrastructure upgrades but it's back up now. I'm pleased to tell you the webcam's internet speed is even faster as of today so enjoy! :)
  • AnthonyAnthony Administrator Posts: 21
    Hi @toni :) The camera's available bandwidth has been doubled from 11 Mbps to 22 Mbps as part of an infrastructure upgrade in Greece. Wherever fiber to the home is not available, Cosmote doubles your internet speed, where technically feasible, for free.

You can read more here: https://www.cosmote.gr/cs/otegroup/en/speeds_upgrade.html
  • Rob7853Rob7853 Member Posts: 7
    Hi
    What’s happened to the beach sweep
    @Rob7853 Looks like the script controlling the beach sweep hiccuped. When the internet or power drops for too long, sometimes the script disables and needs a manual restart.
  • Rob7853Rob7853 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks Sebastian
    All good this morning 👍😃
    Why do the benches keep moving 😃 there were 2 now 1 and facing in a different position
    @toni The benches are not bolted to the ground so they are easy to move. I don't know why people move them around but probably because they want to change the view or they want to move them out of the path for running and jumping into the water... or perhaps someone had an event (such as a wedding) and they moved them out of the way for photo optics, etc... Your guess is as good as mine ;)
  • JaiJai Member Posts: 29
    Good Morning, is there a problem with the webcam its buffering :neutral:
    Hey Jai :)

We had storms last night. Whenever we have bad weather, brief power outages may occur. When that happens, the router sometimes needs to be restarted for the connection to the camera to work again. We're not on-site to do this but as always, we'll arrange a trip to restart the router or diagnose the problem (if it's something else) asap.

Thanks for your understanding :)
    No camera today 😕
    It’s back 👍
  • SueandMacSueandMac Member (+) Posts: 99
    Is it just us or is ther something wrong with the webcam?
    It’s not just you, it appears slow and pixelated to me… we’ll look into it asap!
    Well done you've sorted the webcam, I bet it was Sebastian's magic finger!!!!
    No camera today ☹️
    Sorry about that. There was an internet disruption, but it's back now :)
    Thank you Sebastian
  • Miss_BongoMiss_Bongo Member Posts: 2
    What a sad sight this morning. That looks like a big fire. Hope everyone is ok. 😢
    Hi Miss_Bongo,

Very sad indeed :(

Two firefighters have been injured from a fallen tree but will be OK and are being treated at the local health center. No other injuries have been reported so far.
  • JaiJai Member Posts: 29
    Oh my what's happened? God willing everything is OK?
    🙏🏻
  • bungalow50bungalow50 Member Posts: 10
    What a sad day, hope it doesn't spread much further.