Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos - Page 130

Home Go-Thassos Comments

Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos

Comments

• cgukcguk Member Posts: 13
    Augie,

Many thanks for your response and wonderful photographs. I look at the webcam every day to see how the weather is and remind me of such wonderful holidays.
  • seamstrseamstr Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Augie!
    Nice pictures. I haven't seen snow on Thassos beach in the last 10 years!
  • tonitoni Member (+) Posts: 107
    Amazing photos of a snowy thassos.
    Miss this place. Hope we can get there this year. 🙏🏻
  • broderickbroderick Member (+) Posts: 33
    Great pictures as always . I wonder if it is due to reduced pollution as we have had snow across the world. We had it bad last week, Spain few days earlier and USA now.Even Texas.. The Mississippi in St Louis has ice floating down it. My third favourite web cam.. St Louis ... https://www.earthcam.com/usa/missouri/stlouis/?cam=arch_riverview

Go Thassos number 1. Sydney harbour bridge number 2. Steve
  • JaiJai Member Posts: 29
    Hi Augie,

Just missing Santa.

Cant wait 20 June 21 - 23rd visit :smiley:

Jai
    Is it possible to have a day trip to samothrace from thassos.
  • AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 817
    Hey Toni :)

Yes, it's possible to have a day trip to Samothrace from Thassos! You can hire a private sail boat or yacht with a skipper. Find them at the harbor/marina of each coastal village - Limenas and Limenaria offer the most options.

In the future, there may be a ferry connection between the two islands but right now there isn't. Sea planes may also become an option in the future. We'll let everyone know when this happens, of course!
  • S_WS_W Member (+) Posts: 15
    Hey Augue, we are looking at coming to Thassis this year. What's being said about covid and the vaccine roll out on the island and what are you hopping for. Thanks Nigel
  • SueandMacSueandMac Member (+) Posts: 99
    Hi Augie, someone has tipped the camera up and Mac isn't getting his daily fix of Golden Beach . Please help because we won't be there until September
    Hi Augie, camera angle looks good now ,did you send Sebastion out with his big hammer to fix it?
  • SebastianSebastian Administrator Posts: 18
    Nope, just my big index finger on the camera restart button. No hammer this time :smile:
    Thanks anyway
    Sebastian ,I think you need to use your big index finger again !!
    Kalo pascha happy Easter to everyone we wish you a good weekend
    edited May 2021
    Kalo Pascha (Happy Easter), Toni! :)

Even though restrictions still applied and church services and gatherings were reduced again this year, it was a beautiful Easter holiday with small family gatherings outdoors with perfect weather.

Restaurants, cafes, and shops are beginning to open now. Yesterday I saw tourists for the first time this year!

Stay safe everybody and we hope to see you soon!
    So glad to hear you were able to spend Easter with family and enjoy the good weather.
    We are praying and keeping our fingers crossed that we get to visit from 24th July hopefully the uk and Greek governments let us but safety first. 🙏🏻🤞🏻
  • S_WS_W Member (+) Posts: 15
    Just booked our holiday to thassos for the last two weeks of August for this year 😁😁 golden beach here we come
    Woohoo! Have an AMAZING time, S_W! :)
    Good Morning, I have noticed that the camera panningalong the bay about 7mins in at 10:44 hrs stops and does not continue to pan across the beautiful beach. Is there still a problem?

I am missing the beautiful views

Thanks Jai
    It's a technical issue with my panning script. I need to remake it, but just haven't had the time to do that yet. Usually the camera feed is open next to me and when I see it stuck, I reset it. I'll try my best to get it fixed soon.
    It's the big hammer then this time not just your index finger !!
    In this case, it's more like a surgery... I'll be using a scalpel.
    Surgery? Sounds expensive!!!! Sue
    Hi Seb,

There seems to be an issue with webcam today

Please can it be looked at?

Spoiling my daily fix of Chrisi Ammoudia until 20 June (fingers crossed)

Thanks Jai