Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos - Page 136

Home Go-Thassos Comments
Options

Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos

Comments

• Options
    zavzav Member Posts: 19
    Thank you - because the daily view of Golden Beach shortens the waiting time. Unfortunately, it's still a long 68 days until I can see myself on the webcam again. :-)
  • Options
    @Sebastian Me again - the camera does not show the beach line but only the sea. Only a bit after the beach section of the Alexandra Golden Beach Hotel does it pan back to the beach.
  • Options
    SueandMacSueandMac Member (+) Posts: 99
    I'm glad Mac is not the only person that has to watch the webcam every day!!!
  • Options
    @SueandMac Special greetings to Mac. My wife always smiles at me too, BUT she asks me every day: How is the weather on THassos? What's new on "our" beach.
  • Options
    SebastianSebastian Administrator Posts: 18
    @zav I see what you describe happening once in a while, but I haven't be able to observe the pattern associated with the issue. Once I see the pattern, then I'll be able to troubleshoot it more easily. Without a pattern, it's like hunting for a ghost 😅
  • Options
    @Sebastian Bug without pattern - the nightmare of every computer scientist :/
  • Options
    tonitoni Member (+) Posts: 108
    Yay 2 benches on the jetty today
    Hopefully I’ll be sitting on one in 2 weeks time 🙏🏻
  • Options
    @toni 2 benches , it must be summer!!!!
  • Options
    7 days to go til we arrive
    It’s been 3 long years since I was last there can’t wait to be on golden beach
    Staying at achillion hotel with the wonderful lambiris family
    Eating at the krabusa and Korali
    Cocktails at the thomai cafe
    Can’t wait just need no problems at Gatwick please 🙏🏻
  • Options
    @toni have you been able to sit on a bench yet they look well used ?
  • Options
    Today no connection to the camera possible

Greetings Victor
  • Options
    Now ok :-)
  • Options
    Without my daily look, I would be miserable, because there are still 46 days until I arrive at Golden Beach and then straight to NISI. :)
  • Options
    No bench space yet 🙃
    Apparently there was a problem with the internet yesterday the hot weather affected the cables 😞
  • Options
    Hi Sebastion , can you give the webcam a nudge please
  • Options
    grandma56grandma56 Member (+) Posts: 48
    Hi all
    Has Yolo stopped trading from the van on Golden beach? Used to be by the basket ball courts next to campsite. Didn’t spot it when camera swooped around the bay.
  • Options
    EllieEllie Member (+) Posts: 31
    Hi Grandma 56 ... when we were there in early July, the Yolo van was parked up along the road, looking empty and pretty derelict. But I'm not sure why, or what has happened. I've got a photo of it on my Flickr page ... https://flic.kr/p/2oNL9eQ
  • Options
    danghe01danghe01 Member Posts: 2
    Hi.
    How is the situation with the mainland fires? Does Thassos have a lot of smoke in the air? Is if safe for children?

Thank you,
    Dan
  • Options
    AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 822
    Hi Dan,

I completely understand your concern.

The tragic situation on the mainland is improving.

On Tuesday, the smoke clouds from the fires in Alexandroupoli were blown over Thassos so we had smoke passing high above us which made the sky orange. Small flakes of ash also fell to the ground but that lasted only about 1 day.

The sky has cleared a lot since then and the air quality is much better. It's safe for children and people with lung problems, like my elderly father who has stage 2 COPD. He stayed indoors on Tuesday to be on the safe side. He's been going outside since Wednesday and hasn't had any problems.
  • Options
    danghe01danghe01 Member Posts: 2
    @Augie , thank you very much for your response. We will proceed with the vacation as planned. Very helpful!

• Options
    frenchiefrenchie Member Posts: 21
    For the Go-Thassos team, posted some weeks ago, in case you didn't read this:

To answer Evegheni..

There are many other sites for most of the Greek islands, but what makes this site so special - and thus unique - is the dedicated team of young professionals who work so hard all year round to provide the best possible experience for everyone. For all the Thassophiles and all of the businesses who help make Thassos so special and use the site as the window for their services. The Go Thassos team are special, and gifted (as well as generous in spirit) and believe in the best possible future for the island and all tourists, residents and the summer population.
  • Options
    mattmatt Member Posts: 1
    @Augie thank you for your last post! How his the situation today about the wild fires? Any imanent danger? Smoke? Ash in the air?
  • Options
    Hi Matt,

The situation is much better now. The atmosphere here in Limenas is clear. We have cooler temperatures and less winds than last week. We haven't had any smoke or ash clouds flying over us since the big fire in Alexandroupoli last week. That fire is ongoing but it's much smaller and less out of control. Here the air smells fresh and my father (who has stage 2 COPD) hasn't experienced any issues. He was out and about this morning and completed all of his errands such as going to the bakery and coffee shop, without any problems or complaints. He was actually feeling really good today because the temperatures were cool and pleasant for him.
  • Options
    Hey everybody :)

Here's a brief update (with photos) to show you that Thassos is safe following the big fires in Alexandroupoli.

https://community.go-thassos.gr/discussion/746/fires-update
  • Options
    grandma56grandma56 Member (+) Posts: 48
    Good to see the sky has cleared of smoke. Fingers crossed everyone will heed the advice about forest fire danger and keep Thassos free of fires this summer.
    Take care and enjoy your day