Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos - Page 129

Home Go-Thassos Comments

Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos

Comments

• canalanniecanalannie Member (+) Posts: 7
    Been watching the webcam all through the season Golden Beach is my favourite place ever
    This is the first year for 10 years have not been for holiday, hopefully will be back early next year, hope the restaurants hotels are all able to survive these times
    Beautiful island beautiful people
  • vitaliivitalii Member Posts: 2
    who was in the Villa with a view of the island, did you like the hotel, the beach, the place itself?
  • vitaliivitalii Member Posts: 2
    online video is good, a little vibration when zooming in
  • dodododo Member Posts: 13
    Vitalii, don't you think it would have been more polite to send greetings first to the other forum members from whom you expect answers, especially since you have now posted for the first time on this forum?
  • AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 817
    Hello Vitalii and welcome to Go-Thassos! :)

The vibration you see when the camera is zoomed in, I believe, is because of the wind... so on windy days you can expect more vibration and on still days, less.

I've visited Villa Island View many times but I never stayed there as a guest because I live on Thassos... so I can't give you a guest review but I can tell you how most people I see there are regular customers and they keep returning every year.

Have you been to Thassos before, Vitalii?
  • SirPJSirPJ Member (+) Posts: 10
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families!
    I'm a little late but Happy Thanksgiving, SirPJ :)

My family forwent celebrating this year so that next year we can gather and celebrate safely together.

We hope to see you in Thassos when it's safe for everyone to travel again!
  • SirPJSirPJ Member (+) Posts: 10
    Merry Christmas Thassos! xoxoxo
  • EllieEllie Member (+) Posts: 31
    Merry Christmas to all on Thassos ... stay safe ... here's to 2021! xx
    Merry Christmas!! :blush:

I'll drink to that, Ellie!
  • JaiJai Member Posts: 29
    Happy New Year to all our Thassian friends see you soon ❤️
    A beautiful day their on Golden Beach
    Happy New Year, Jai! :smile:

We're looking forward to your return in 2021! *Fingers crossed*
    Hi Augie

We are looking to return end of June beginning of July 21. Cant wait once again such a beautiful place and wonderful people.

Yamas Augie B)
  • canalanniecanalannie Member (+) Posts: 7
    Happy new year to all on Thassos and especially Golden Beach hopefully will be able to return this year
    All stay safe
  • cgukcguk Member Posts: 13
    Looks like snow again up on those mountains - hope it's all gone by June
  • andystuffinsandystuffins Member (+) Posts: 5
    Can see people stood outside the Administration Building on Miaouli...are they receiving the Vaccine?
    Hi Andy :)

Vaccinations are being administered at the island's hospital in Prinos so I don't believe so!
    Ok...thanks. Could see a line of people with an official looking guy in an Orange tabbard...so was just wondering . Love to look at the webcams while working from home in rainy Lincolnshire .
    edited January 2021
    Andy, perhaps it was a covid mobile testing unit? Your description sounds like a testing unit making its rounds. I can't guarantee that's what you saw but maybe!
    Ok...thanks Augie.
    Great Stuff Augie, we're coming back 20 June
  • ToneTone Member (+) Posts: 65
    Hi Augi
    2020 was the first year we missed coming to Golden Beach for 20 years :(

still very uncertain whether we will be able to come this year but we so hope to perhaps later on in September - we are now in our early 70's so just cannot afford to lose another year and not be able to see all our Greek friends we have made over the years.

Also just seen your post outlining a new transfer service from Thessaloniki Airport :)

Over here we're living in a surreal world and the longer it goes on the more it feels we'll never get back to normal but hopefully this will change in the coming months with the successful vaccination roll out.

Hope to see you all in September - in the meantime take care and stay safe.

Tony
    Hi Tone :)

Just hang in there, my friend! Everybody here in Thassos is holding their breath and hoping for the vaccination rollout to be a big success so that we can finally be together again in 2021. We honestly want nothing more!

Collectively, we're being extremely careful by following the measures so, with a bit of luck, we'll continue keeping our beautiful island and its warm-hearted people safe for you to return to - sunshine and smiles abound!

So please keep well for us because we're expecting you and the missus on our golden shores 7 months from now!! :sunglasses:
  • cgukcguk Member Posts: 13
    Hi Augie, looks like your getting some of the snow that we have had in the U.K. - never seen it like this before it must be terrible driving on some of those mountanous roads.