Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos - Page 126

Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos

1120121122123124126»

Comments

• AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 480
    Hi there, frenchie :)

The floods last November did cause some damage in a few places around the island but Golden Beach benefited because the small rocky areas on the Skala Potamia side are now completely covered in sand! Would you believe it if I told you that the beach there is wider than it was before?

We're glad that you're loving the gentle stroll along the beach and thank you for taking a moment to comment, we really appreciate it!
  • Kip van KapokKip van Kapok Member Posts: 7
    Hello dear Augie, how are you? It's nice to hear that there is no damage to the beach, but what about the forests and trees? Has much damage been caused there? I hope it is not too bad, the forests and trees are very dear to us. I hope you can answer us. Thank you and have a nice day. :-)
    Augie
  • AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 480
    Hi Kip van Kapok :)

I'm doing well, thanks! It's nice hearing from you again!

Generally speaking, the forests and trees are doing very well. A small number of trees fell during the flood but the forests didn't suffer.

Most damages happened in places where people have constructed buildings over the natural springs where water naturally flows from the mountains to the sea. These streams were overwhelmed with so much water and since they were blocked by buildings, the water was forced to create new paths... which is how most of the damage was caused in and around some villages. The forests didn't have this problem.

Also, some mountain paths were destroyed and are now impassable, such as the foot path from Potamia to Mt. Ypsarion. Hopefully they will be repaired soon.
    Kip van Kapok
    Hello dear Augie,

Thank you for your answer. I am very happy to hear that the forests and trees have not suffered from the flood! :-)

I hope that the damage to the villages can be properly repaired, and that not too many people have suffered damage.

And hopefully the hiking trails can be made passable again.

I wish you good luck and have a nice sunday. :-)
    Augie
  • EllieEllie Member (+) Posts: 23
    Hi Augie,

We're thrilled that you've brought back the beach walk ... loving it! Thank you :-)
    Augie
    Hello dear Augie, how are you? I hope you are healthy. What about the coronavirus on Thassos? Are many people sick? I wish you all a lot of health and strength. And when all the misery is over we hope to come back again. Cordial greetings! :-)
  • GregoryGregory Member (+) Posts: 21
    No coronavirus case on Thassos yet. We hope to keep it like this. People are generally very careful and apply to the measures of the State. Now that we are more or less isolated from the mainland, the danger is even less. We watch the world news and stay home to keep the virus outside.
  • dodododo Member Posts: 8
    Kip van Kapok, Why you post here with questions about coronavirus? Load this discussion Live webcam unnecessarily. There are 2 other discussions started on coronavirus where you can find answers.
    https://community.go-thassos.gr/discussion/569/travelling-to-thassos-under-coronavirus#latest
    https://community.go-thassos.gr/discussion/566/coronavirus#latest