Thassos Ancient Theater still closed?

Home Places on Thassos
Options

Thassos Ancient Theater still closed?

Hi, anybody knows, is "Thassos Ancient Theater" still closed in Limenas?

Answers

• Options
    AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 822
    Hi Evgheni :)

Yes, it's still closed but the renovation work is almost complete (finally!!).

The organizers said that if the theater is not open this year then it will definitely be open by the summer of 2024, in time for live concerts and performances! I'm really looking forward to seeing one next year!
  • Options
    SirPJSirPJ Member (+) Posts: 10
    That is excellent news! Are aware of what sort of concerts they will be having there? B)
  • Options
    AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 822
    Hey Paul! :)

Music concerts, dramas, and comedies in the Greek language were performed in the past, mostly in the months of July and August, before its closure for renovation work. My guess is they will be having similar concerts as those in the past but we'll have to wait until next summer to find out!
  • Options
    broderickbroderick Member (+) Posts: 33
    I would love to revisit. I walked up to the open theatre location in September 2006 when staying for my first time in Thassos Town at the Galaxy. Slipped disc on the way in my back and had to have 4 weeks off work on return to UK also rained heavily with rivers running down street. No problems on my other 12 visits to the Golden Beach/ Skala Potamia and how I would love to turn back time meet old friends again. Best holidays of my life 1997 to 2004..