Keramoti - Kavala bus

Home Traveling to Thassos

Keramoti - Kavala bus

Kalimera for everyone,

I will be returning from the island to Thessaloniki at the beginning of September. I can start my journey in Limenas - so it will be: Limenas (ferry) -> Keramoti (bus) -> Kavala (bus) -> Thessaloniki.

Does anyone know where to find information about the bus from Keramoti to Kavala? Timetable? Prices? Tickets? Unfortunately, I can't see this information anywhere...

I know that KTEL runs on the Kavala-Thessaloniki section and you can buy a ticket. But what with the firt part of journey...

I will be gratefull for your help!

Comments

• AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 842
    Hi Ewelina :)

Limenas (ferry) -> Keramoti (bus) -> Kavala (bus) -> Thessaloniki is incomplete.

Here is the complete route:

Limenas (ferry) -> Keramoti (bus) -> Chrysoupoli (bus) -> Kavala (bus) -> Thessaloniki

This route is long and tiring because you will need to take a bus from Keramoti to Chrysoupoli, and then switch to a different bus that goes to Kavala. You might need to wait for the bus to Kavala.

I recommend this easier route instead:

Limenas (bus) > Skala Prinos (ferry) > Kavala (bus) > Thessaloniki
  • EwelinaEwelina Member Posts: 7
    Thank you for your tip!

In that case, we will probably choose the option of leaving the island from Prinos, although getting to Prinos on Saturday by bus is probably impossible :)
    You're welcome! :) Why do you think that it's probably impossible?
  • EwelinaEwelina Member Posts: 7
    edited August 14
    In the Saturday's schedule the bus from Limenas to Prinos has only one departure in the morning (9:15). So I don't know if this isn't too risky an option :)

Do you know what the addresses/locations of the bus stops in Limenas, Prinos and Limenaria are?

Does the bus that has the route "Limenas ► Around the Island via Prinos" go through Prinos first? If we are arriving or departing from Prinos by ferry (ferry from/to Kavala), the correct bus stop according to the timetable is "Prinos" or "Skala Prinos"?
    Ok, I understand why now :)

This bus route stops at every village along the way, including Skala Prinos ferry port, so all of these times are valid for your route:

Limenas ► Limenaria & Potos 06:20 - 09:15 - 11:15 - 13:00 - 14:50 - 17:30

(assuming times do not change in September, we will update the schedules on September 1st)

If catching the bus can't work out for any reason, consider hiring a taxi. Taxis are often parked outside of the bus station in Limenas but you might as well book one in advance and get door-to-door service if you go by taxi.