prices for sunbeds

Home Go-Thassos Comments

prices for sunbeds

hobgoblinhobgoblin Member (+) Posts: 61
hi augie, came back from thassos last weekend, pity we didn't meet up I sent a few pns, but no answer
I was shocked to see the rise in prices for sunbeds is thassos trying to scare visitors away? luckily loutrou bungalows are directly on the beach with no fee at all. but 40 € in aliki is just ridiculous careful, thassos, that's not the way to go .by the way, my family had a wonderful, for me bittersweet, time

Answers

• AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 841
    Hi Jutta :)

I'm sorry we couldn't meet up (I just PMed you more details).

It's true. Aliki has developed a reputation for being the most expensive beach in terms of sunbeds and umbrellas because it's small and has limited space but at the same time is extremely popular and sought-after. I don't believe this is representative of the island as a whole. Thassos has so many beautiful and pristine beaches that are far more reasonably priced, or even free, as you saw at Loutrou. I'm glad your family had a wonderful time and I wish I could have met up with you all!
  • hobgoblinhobgoblin Member (+) Posts: 61
    thanks augie, I know aliki is not representative and as long as people are paying those prices, good luck to them. as you said, there are many more, not overcrowded, beaches, which we didn't use, because a toddler needs his food and nap, so we stayed close. but where get the not so well off or not willing to pay those prices, the information what to expect?