Early Season visit

Home General
Options

Early Season visit

CeeCeeDeeCeeCeeDee Member Posts: 1
Hi, we are visiting Thassos in the first week of May (we like to visit places when not many other people are!) Other than the ferries, will there be and other boats hopping around the island/ trips? We are staying just outside Thassos Town, if we want to get to the Kavala ferry, what is the best way to get to Skala Prinos?

Comments

• Options
    AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 822
    Hi CeeCeeDee :)

May is one of my favorite times on Thassos! You'll avoid the big crowds and intense summer heat. It's extra beautiful this time of you with nature freshly coming back to life!

Do keep in mind that you will find many places will still be closed this early in the season but there are ample restaurants and shops that will be open in Limenas, where you'll be staying.

The boat trips typically begin around this time of year but you will need to visit the marina in Limenas, as well as the old harbor, to find out what boat trips are available during your holiday dates.

Getting to Skala Prinos from Limenas only takes 20 minutes by bus. The bus will drop you off right in front of the ferry port in Skala Prinos and, at the moment, a ticket only costs 2 EUR per person. You can find the up-to-date bus schedules and prices here: https://www.go-thassos.gr/thassos-bus-schedules-prices (what you see now is the winter schedule - there will be more route times available in May)

I hope this info is helpful, do let me know!
  • Options
    SueandMacSueandMac Member (+) Posts: 99
    Hi,CeeCeeDee, As Augie says May is a great time for your visit, the number of tavernas that are open is less than in summer but the ones that are open are some of the best. the island is also very green with more wild flowers than later. Have a wonderful time