Bus stops on Thassos

Home General
Options

Bus stops on Thassos

Maria_EduardMaria_Eduard Member Posts: 2
Hello, I have found the bus schedule for Thasos. However, I do not find a map or information about the bus stops across the island. Can anyone tell me how I can find out where the bus stops are? It is not on google maps. In addition, do busses stop at several places during their route? For example, does the bus between Golden Beach and Limenas stop elsewhere too or does it goe straight to Limenas? I am looking forward to your replies and help. Thank you very much! Best regards

Comments

• Options
    AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 822
    Hi Maria_Eduard :)

Bus stops are usually marked along the road with a sign. However, you can hail the bus (lift your arm in the air) and request the bus to stop and pick you up anywhere along its route just as long as there is no curve nearby, meaning that the road must be straight in order for the bus to be able to stop safely. Most bus routes go along the ring road of Thassos.

I believe the bus between Golden Beach and Limenas stops in Panagia, Potamia, and Skala Potamia. Please ask the bus station to confirm, their phone number is posted on the bus schedule.
  • Options
    Maria_EduardMaria_Eduard Member Posts: 2
    Thank you so much for your response. Do you happen to know how to get from Golden Beach to Theologos? Should we first go to Limenas and then take a bus from there to Theologos? Thank you again for your help. Best regards.
  • Options
    To get from Golden Beach to Theologos, your most flexible option would be to go via Limenas.

Another way is taking the 'Around the Island via Panagia' bus that leaves Limenas and passes by Golden Beach. This bus goes clockwise around the island. Please speak with the bus station to confirm times and options.
  • Options
    itsinmysoulitsinmysoul Member Posts: 19
    Thank you for all the information.. could you post a photo of the bus please...we ran after what we thought was the bus but it was a private coach !
    hehe

Also They don't seem to stick to the timetable we missed one because it was early and then waited 2 hrs for the next which was late.

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Sure! :)

Here's what the buses look like:

The drivers try their best to keep to the schedule but heavy traffic can cause delays. I recommend being at the bus stop 10 minutes early in case the bus arrives ahead of schedule. They don't stop and wait because that would block traffic.
  • Options
    hobgoblinhobgoblin Member (+) Posts: 58
    Hi there, we had problems with Busses before. when we were younger we walked from potos to theologos, about 11 km, and being clever phoned the Bus Company to inquire about bus back to potos. the time was confirmed and off we went. we got to the Bus stop in plenty of time and waited for about an hour, the Lady in the Shop across the Road was sure the Bus would be there soon, so we waited another hour after which the last called a taxi for us.
  • Options
    @hobgoblin Yikes, did you or the lady that helped you call the bus station and find out what happened in the end?

A few years back, a cousin of mine used the bus every day between Skala Potamia and Limenas. One day in August, she told me the bus was full and it drove past her without stopping. She had to wait for the next one.
  • Options
    hobgoblinhobgoblin Member (+) Posts: 58
    no we didn't phone the cus Company, at that time we were just glad to be back.v