Thassos dolphin

Home General

Thassos dolphin

JaneWJaneW Member Posts: 9
Just seen what looks like the dolphin coming in from kavala, does anyone know if it is up and running and for how long. Prices and times are only shown unt Aug 31st. Thanks

Comments

• DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    Hi Jane,

I think there is a thread on it further down. It started running early this year then when into engine problems and went out of service
  • JaneWJaneW Member Posts: 9
    Thanks Delboy, noticed it for the first time today. Will wander and take a look later. Hopefully it's back up and running again.
  • AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 817
    Hey Jane :)

I just phoned the hydrofoil company and confirmed that the dolphin schedule and prices you see here is valid for all of September... possibly into the beginning of October as well (it depends on how demand holds up).

The dolphin stopped operating temporarily for maintenance reasons on 3 separate occasions this summer, typically lasting just a few days. When this happens, the hydrofoil company informs us and we replace the schedule with a notice that it's temporarily down for maintenance. We'll continue doing that. We do our best to ensure the information on Go-Thassos is credible, reliable, and up-to-date.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday on Thassos!
  • JaneWJaneW Member Posts: 9
    Thanks Augie for this info, have been sitting on Nisteri beach watching and timing it 😂😂 aim to use it in the next few days. Brilliant site and island