Are there gigs for musicians on Thassos Island?

Home General
Coronavirus Travel Updates Are you looking for information about traveling to Thassos during the Covid pandemic? Click here to learn more!

Are there gigs for musicians on Thassos Island?

chachaangelinachachaangelina Member (+) Posts: 2
Hello, All~
I am a musician specializing in children's music and also comedy music for adults. Are there hotels or other places on Thassos Islando that could use me? I have an offer of a beautiful place to stay on Thassos Island.
You can email me directly at [email protected] or phone me in the USA at (352) 219-6994.
Cheers!
~Angelina

Comments

• AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 690
    Hi Angelina,

Get in touch with Eurocamp, a summer camp for kids. Perhaps you can find demand for your specialty (children's music) there?

http://www.go-thassos.gr/visiting-thassos/hotels/eurocamp-thassos

In regards to comedy music for adults... I presume it's in English and with American humor? Most live gigs you'll come across on the island are of the traditional Greek type, which is understandably in high demand in a place like Thassos.

Do you have a website with videos (or a Youtube channel, Facebook page, etc.) to share and promote your music style? If not, I think that's a good first step to take before approaching people and businesses about a gig. It's important that you help them understand what you're offering. Then email them directly (you'll find loads of hotels and restaurants listed on Go-Thassos) and ask them. Be sure to include a link or two to videos of your past performances.

I hope this info helps. Let me know how your search goes!