DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
another trip report for this year's holiday
days 1 to 7
http://holidayreviews.info/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=68
days 8 to 15
http://holidayreviews.info/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=69

Comments

• juliebjulieb Member (+) Posts: 26
    Great photos Delboy. We've been to Thassos many times, particularly Golden Beach. Our last visit was end of May. Your photos transport me right back there. Just what I need after a day back at the grindstone! Thankyou
  • marie22marie22 Member (+) Posts: 20
    What a fantastic review Delboy , we fly in 3 weeks from manchester and will be our 8th time on this beautiful island , absolutely loved your pictures and commentary throughout . Can't believe the extension on the filipidis , this was the first place we stayed on our first visit and holds a special place in our hearts , we are in thassos town this year but always make the journey down to golden beach on our scooter and will definitely being having some cheese pie whilst there lol , your review was just what we needed whilst we're on our countdown , thanks delboy x
  • MarieMarie Member (+) Posts: 7
    Thank you Delboy - has brought back some very happy memories of my many visits to Thasos - very lucky to be going back again this year in a few weeks time :smile:
  • DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    have a great trip Marie
  • MarieMarie Member (+) Posts: 7
    Thank you Delboy
  • Gina DaviesGina Davies Member (+) Posts: 1
    Hi Delboy . Had to say thank you as loved the whole journey with you and Mrs Db. hope to see another one next year.
    you're welcome Gina
  • stanwickwolfstanwickwolf Member (+) Posts: 6
    going to Thassos for the first time in june after many years of deliberating whether it would be for us and having read your wonderful post it looks to fit the bill thanks for the articles it was great to read them ,.
    you're welcome Stan, there is another one in the reviews section which has a different slant to it, which includes a trip to Marble bay and Thasso town to see the Roman theatre from 2014
    cheers DB ,just a quick one if anyone can help we are staying at Korina hotel skala potamia are there plenty of scooter hires around the area or would it be best to pre book cheers in advance ,
    Hi Stan,
    the Korina hotel sits in the middle of Golden Beach. At the Skala Panagia end of Golden beach there are now two hire places for scooters, not sure how many in Skala Potamia end but I would have thought there are plenty to hire but up to you really
    oh thanks for that DB getting a little confused on where Korrina lies as the Thomson site has it as Skala potamia but I suppose its all close by. lol ,iv had a little walk about on google maps and found Korrina , and viewed on your posts also which again has been of great help are you going again this year ? cheers
    Hi Stan,

yes the Korina is Skala Potamia but it's more or less at the start of Skala Potamia which runs right down to the harbour, the other end is called Skala Panagia which both resorts make up Golden Beach

so Skala Panagia on the left and Skala Potamia on the right of the pic

now if I got the right building the Korina is the one with the swimming pool dead centre at the bottom of this pic

I think you can double click the pics to make them bigger

We don't have anything planned yet so far Stan

oh they don't enlarge for some reason but your hotel is right at the bottom of the second pic in line with those two tree nearer the coast line
    a bit bigger to see here in this
    thanks for clearing that up for us DB its a great help looks like its the best of both worlds position wise ,much appreciated
    Hi Stan,
    yes you are two thirds of the way down the bay but we have used the restaurants down both sides, also the mini train runs in the evening if you don't want to walk and stops outside your hotel if you wave it down on it's way to Skala Panagia and it returns passed your hotel via the Skala Potamia harbour in a circle (4€'s return)

The nearest route to the beach from the Korina comes out next to the Magic Coast restaurant but it is pebbles there. However, 100m to your left it quickly turns to sand. This shows you the Magic Coast resto
    http://holidayreviews.info/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=34
    Db so much more detail than google maps ,that's what I call a great review and covers everything , its so nice to see all the bars and resto s and the side roads where the shops etc are ,I'm liking the look of some of the beach side bars and looking forward to an ice cold Amstel/ mythos ,thanks Del.