Looking for the perfect village in Thassos!

Home Places on Thassos
Coronavirus Travel Updates Are you looking for information about traveling to Thassos during the Covid pandemic? Click here to learn more!

Looking for the perfect village in Thassos!

lowilowi Member (+) Posts: 0
My husband to be and I are thinking of spending a week in Greek in July. Last year we spent 11 days in Crete and it was wonderful, but this year we can only have one week holidays, so we think a smaller island would be the best choice and Thassos looks amazing! We're looking for accommodation: we love small and quiet villages, no mass tourism, secluted beaches (for naturist when possible). I've fallen in love with Panagia and Aliky: which one do you guys suggest to? It is the east coast the right choice? Would you recommand to hire a car or a scooter could be allright? Many questions, sorry!!! Thanks in advance. Lowi

Comments

• GoThassosGoThassos Administrator Posts: 128
    Hi lowi,

It's great to hear that you are considering Thassos for your holidays and I am pleased to tell you that you'll find everything you're looking for on both sides of the island.

Small & Quiet Villages - check!
    No Mass Tourism - check!
    Secluded Beaches - way too many to visit in a single holiday!

The East coast is home to Paradise Beach, located between the villages Kinira and Aliki. I mention this beach because it's a favorite amongst naturists. Well, the northern-end of the beach is, at least.

Which ever village you choose to stay in, rest assured transportation will be a piece of cake. The island's ring road is fully asphalted and can get you from one place to another with ease. Whether you rent a car or a scooter depends on your preference and budget - both will suffice and will get you from A to B.

Hopefully an experienced Thassos fan or 2 will offer you some advice so be sure to check here again. :)
    Adrian Lee