Ferry to Kavala

Home Traveling to Thassos
Options

Ferry to Kavala

How long does the ferry to Kavala take? On our trip up Thasos we hope that it would be possible to get a morning ferry to Thasos and then be on time to get the 9.00 ferry to Limos. Is this doable? Thanks. Ger

Best Answers

• Options
    AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 825
    Answer ✓
    Hi Gerpower :)

The ferry from Skala Prinos (Thassos) to Kavala take about 75 minutes on average. However, the ferry called "Nikitis", a relatively smaller boat, takes longer.

I think it's doable but spending half a day on Thassos is hardly enough time for even a taste of what the island offers!

If you do come for only half a day, I recommend catching the bus from Skala Prinos to Limenas. In Limenas (the island's capital), you can visit the vast archaeological sites and a wonderfully organized museum showcasing the island's history and uniqueness in the Aegean Sea, as well as a plethora of shops, beaches, and places to walk, eat, drink, and relax.

I hope this is helpful.
  • Options
    Answer ✓

No worries!! Now I understand your question better.

The first ferry departs from Skala Prinos at 7:15 AM.

You should arrive in Kavala around 8:30 AM.

UNLESS the ferry boat that has that time slot on that day is called "NIKITIS". Nikitis can take nearly 2 hours to reach Kavala while the other ferry boats take about 75 minutes.
  • Options
    Answer ✓

Yes, that's a better option with a lot more certainty!

I recommend booking a taxi in advance to make sure your journey goes smoothly without delay in Keramoti. You could book your ride with one of these taxis based in Keramoti. Let them know the date and time of the ferry you'll catch from Limenas and they will wait for you to arrive in Keramoti.

https://www.go-thassos.gr/visiting-thassos/transportation?category[0]=1

Answers

• Options
    gerpowergerpower Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the reply. I apologise that my question is not very clear as I made a mistake. We are spending 4 days on Thasos and my questions relates to getting an early morning ferry to Kavala to arrive in time to get the 9,00 ferry to Limnos. Thanks
  • Options
    What time is the earliest ferry Thasos - Kavala in the summer?
  • Options
    Augie, thanks again for the info. My research had shown me another option. Get the ferry from Limenas to Kermoti (has earlier ferries) and then taxi to Kavala. My wife is afraid that the 7.15 ferry to Kavala won’t allow us to get the 9.00 ferry to Limnos.
  • Options
    Augie, thanks once again for all your help, much appreciated