Alternative water taxi to Thassos

Home Traveling to Thassos
Options

Alternative water taxi to Thassos

Hello

I realise this may seem a bit desperate but we land at Thessaloniki at 8.25pm and the last ferry from Keramoti is at 11pm - is there an alterative company that does water taxi's?

I am wondering if we would get to the Ferry on time?

Comments

• Options
    AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 822
    Ferries are the only option, no water taxis are available from Keramoti to Thassos.

You will get to the ferry on time, don't worry! The airport is small and efficient (usually takes no more than 25 minutes to gather your luggage and get in a taxi). The taxi takes about 10 minutes to get to the ferry port.

I recommend reserving a taxi just to be on the safe side. You can find and contact them at the link below:

https://www.go-thassos.gr/visiting-thassos/transportation?category[0]=1
  • Options
    hobgoblinhobgoblin Member (+) Posts: 58
    Hi, if I read ir right, you Land in Thessaloniki you will need around 2 hours from there to keramoti it might be a little less in the evening. So by the time you have collected your luggage and car (?) it will be very tight. I would recommended staying in Thessaloniki für the night.
  • Options
    AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 822
    My apologies, I misread and thought you were landing in Kavala's airport... thank you hobgoblin for catching that! Indeed time will be very tight getting from Thessaloniki to Keramoti assuming your flight lands on time.

If I was in your shoes, I would contact the taxi services and ask them if they believe you can make the last ferry assuming your flight arrives on time. They know the time it will take to get you to the ferry port in Keramoti and can advise you. If you ultimately don't make the ferry for whatever reason, there are hotels in Keramoti where you can spend the night and hop on the ferry the next day.
  • Options
    itsinmysoulitsinmysoul Member Posts: 19
    Thankyou for your replies :)