Paradise beach

Home Places on Thassos

Paradise beach

hobgoblinhobgoblin Member (+) Posts: 58
Could you please tell me if the taverna on the left hand side of paradise beach (looking at it from the water) has a new owner yet and if it is open. we were there last year and it was closed so the right hand side was overcrowded.
we are missing thassos this year, thought we'd try something else and now we can't wait to get back next year. have yo accept that we are hooked and thassos will have to put up with us.

Best Answer

• AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 818
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    Hey Hobgoblin! :)

You must have come to Thassos early in the 2021 season because the place on the left-hand side opened in the middle of the summer. The previous owner had passed away so it took some time for the licenses to be issued to the new owners who opened it as a Cafe and Snack Bar serving drinks and fast food. They didn't open the taverna this year but that doesn't mean they won't open it in 2023. I can find out and let you know here if you can remind me to check in April or May!

Research has shown that Thassos can stay in your system for a long time. What you described is a common symptom and there are no vaccines for it... the only remedy is a big dose of Thassos next Summer!

Answers

• hobgoblinhobgoblin Member (+) Posts: 58
    Hi Augie, thanks for your reply. I was just curious as the right hand part of the beach was really crowded and they could hardly cope. as we like it a bit quieter we didn't go as often as we usually do.
    we will definitely be back next year, can't wait until the flights are announced, and will book straight away.
    just to let you know flights are already booked. was shocked to see that some routes have nearly doubled in price. but found a really could deal and booked straight away before they could change their minds. already looking forward to next June.
    Woohoo!

What good deal did you find for June 2023?
    Eurowings wanted 1300 € for 2 from Düsseldorf to kavala, we paid 400 € for the 2 of us with similar baggage allowance. So we are pretty happy and got the car thrown in and some spending money on top.
    sorry forgot to mention this was with condor.
    Hi Augie, sadly we had to postpone our holiday to the end of July due to my husband major operation. but he has the ok to travel now and we couldn't live another year without our dose of thassos so my question about paradise beach is more relevant now. because I expect it will be really crowded at that time of year? perhaps you have a few suggestions for a beach with a bit of peace and quiet? only 6 weeks to go, can't wait.
    Hey Hobgoblin! :)

We'll be in the peak of the Summer season at the end of July so it will definitely be very busy especially at the popular beaches.

There is an area I personally like going to during the peak season in order to avoid the crowds... I'll PM it to you! :wink:
    thanks so much augie, wouldn't know what to do without you.