Options

Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos

Comments

• Options
    Wendy FlemingWendy Fleming Member (+) Posts: 75
    Two weeks Friday, not that i'm counting
  • Options
    ToneTone Member (+) Posts: 65
    Hi Wendy. We're off on the 20th too - going to Venice for a week - first time to Italy :) Can't do without our annual Greek fix though so we're back in Thassos for 2 weeks late in August - flights only with Thomas Cook and staying at Aigaio Studios :)

Have a great time !
  • Options
    Wendy FlemingWendy Fleming Member (+) Posts: 75
    Hi Tone, I lost my husband last September, he loved Thassos. All of my family are coming with me for 2wks staying in the Yanna and the Meltemi Villa. I would love to go to Italy, but having limited holidays Greece always comes first on the list.
  • Options
    ToneTone Member (+) Posts: 65
    So very sorry to hear of your loss Wendy - I know ,like us , you have been coming to Thassos for many years - It's good that you can show your family all the lovely places you shared with your husband over the years - whilst it will be sad in a way this year I'm sure you will all have a lovely time . Very best wishes.
  • Options
    Adrian LeeAdrian Lee Member (+) Posts: 126
    Can anyone tell me the name of the bar opposite the Marina apartments, in Golden Beach please
  • Options
    Adrian LeeAdrian Lee Member (+) Posts: 126
    Found it, Escape bar, good old google maps :)
  • Options
    MIMIMIMI Member (+) Posts: 1
    Oh so beautiful weather. Just 3 months and I'll go to thassos.
  • Options
    dni_d82dni_d82 Member (+) Posts: 1
    Hello ! I was here 2 and 3 years ago and i love it. Nice cristal clear blue water and golden sand. The webcam is like a open window for me every time i watch it
  • Options
    tonitoni Member (+) Posts: 108
    Dear Wendy
    sorry to hear your news, I lost my Dad last year and my mum 5 years ago they both loved Thassos they had been there nearly every year since 1997.
    Both have had some of their ashes scattered on Thassos
  • Options
    DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    Dear Wendy

so sorry to hear of your loss
  • Options
    DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    Hi Adrian,
    Just seen your question but you know the answer
  • Options
    cooperkidscooperkids Member (+) Posts: 75
    Sorry for your loss Wendy. Hope you have a good holiday surrounded by a loving family and where could be better xx
  • Options
    Elaine CruickshankElaine Cruickshank Member (+) Posts: 1
    We have visited Thassos many, many times over the past 16 years and also introduced friends to the delights of the island. This beautiful pace has created many happy memories for us. We have always stayed at Aberdeen studios in Thassos town and there is no better place to experience wonderful hospitality. We love Theologos - absolutely beautiful and gives any visitor an insight into what the island must have been like years ago. Panagia - always a special corner to visit and the little church is such a peaceful haven. In fact, there is not a corner of this little island which is not magical and although we have been fortunate enough to travel quite extensively, there is always something exceptionally special in the experience of looking across the water when on the ferry and seeing Thassos in the distance. It feels like going home now after so many visits. I hope you all enjoy your holidays.
  • Options
    VintageVivVintageViv Member (+) Posts: 50
    Will someone please ask Niki of the Island View Villa to climb up the olive tree in her front garden and turn the camera around so that we can see the bay properly?
  • Options
    AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 821
    A few swings with the broomstick got the darn thing working again! :D
  • Options
    vernodvernod Member (+) Posts: 4
    Totally agree with Elaine - we will be returning again next week, for our 22nd year. Everywhere on the island is special. Enjoy everyone
  • Options
    We went twice last year and return in September. I would go every year but know that I'll face opposition from my hubby who thinks you should try somewhere new because its a big world xx
  • Options
    Hi Augie - did someone over do the broomstick lol xx
  • Options
    Sandra MilesSandra Miles Member (+) Posts: 51
    Noooooooooo Golden Beach appears to have been plunged into permanent darkness....how will I survive?
  • Options
    Hi Sandra have you tried hotel angelika webcam. Not the same but nice view of town and harbour xx
  • Options
    Should read Angelica xx
  • Options
    FranzFranz Member (+) Posts: 22
    edited May 2016
    how long last 1 night on Thassos?
  • Options
    FranzFranz Member (+) Posts: 22
    it work's Jipieeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Sandra MilesSandra Miles Member (+) Posts: 51
    Yes Cooper Kids, had my fix there instead. Glad to see we are up and running again today. Only 4 weeks on Sunday to wait now eeeeeek xoxo
  • Options
    We don't go until end of august but I share your excitement. Love going on the ferry and the island is so unspoilt. We're going to Sunray in limenaria - looks lovely xx