Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos - Page 103

Home Go-Thassos Comments
Options

Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos

Comments

• Options
    DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    Hi Derek,

Yes I agree Thomson prices are ridiculous this year so far, I'll just keep watching but not buying lol
  • Options
    ToneTone Member (+) Posts: 65
    edited August 2015
    I suppose Thomson are adding on the increased taxes :( As said before at this time of the year the prices are always the highest - the best time to book is usually in January . I'm as annoyed with Thomson as anyone but they behave no different to any other travel agent . We've often thought of going independent with flight only but even if you do this with TC you'll end up paying over £600 for two when you add on luggage etc - then you will pay for taxis to and from Keromoti , ferry and taxis to and from Thassos port as well as your accommodation - if you use Easyjet you have a bigger expense of hire car ( unless you bus ) and you can't get back to Thessoloniki to get your return flight so this means a night's board somewhere plus all the hassle that goes with this. Obviously I hope prices come down but at the end of the day we will always come to Thassos and just bite the bullet other than spend a holiday somewhere else and wishing we were down on Golden Beach or eating at Korali.
  • Options
    Hi Tone,
    I agree with you on all the travel points as I have looked at it myself but this time last year we were all booked up with Thomson's at a reasonable price and not seen anything this year to get even near it. Nostos looks the most reasonable so far
  • Options
    ToneTone Member (+) Posts: 65
    edited August 2015
    Hi Delboy . Just be patient - who knows what's going to happen after this election . Thomsons' pricing is indecipherable - at one time Nostos were very expensive and now they are the cheapest - the trick is to keep thomson on your favourites and log in day to day and try to catch it just right - not easy I know . always remember how cheap it still is on Thassos - prices for eating out are much the same it was more than ten years ago . I remember paying a lot more for a meal out in Kefalonia twelve years ago than we did this year in SP - the same with Skiathos and many other popular Islands.
  • Options
    Hi Tone,
    Yes I agree with thought Skiathos was fairly dear when we visited in 2003 lol
  • Options
    tonitoni Member (+) Posts: 108
    It seems everyone is putting their prices up
    this year we paid £262pp to fly to Thessaloniki with BA and made our own way to thassos
    and for the same 2 weeks beginning of August next year they have the fare as £519pp
    how can they justify that rise
    I think we will be waiting for easyjet to release their prices
    it used to be that if you booked 355 days you got a good price but not anymore
  • Options
    Wendy FlemingWendy Fleming Member (+) Posts: 75
    Easy Jet are the cheapest if you book when they first advertise. We got tickets for £80 but luggage bumped it up to a £100. Car cost £125 you have to shop around prices changing all the time.
  • Options
    tonitoni Member (+) Posts: 108
    thanks Wendy
    do you know roughly when easyjet have july/august flights on sale as at the moment they are only up to march.
    we start getting withdrawal symptoms if we haven't booked for next year
    disappointed with BA prices this time
  • Options
    Wendy FlemingWendy Fleming Member (+) Posts: 75
    Hi Toni, it's about six months before the month you want to travel. I booked at Christmas for June.
  • Options
    vanyazagarovavanyazagarova Member (+) Posts: 29
    Hi guys, I will be again in my lovely Thassos in the end of September. ..23.09.05. I wondering if anyone knows what will be the sea temperature of the Golden beach at that time? I ask you, because I will be with my kid. Thank you in advance!
  • Options
    cooperkidscooperkids Member (+) Posts: 75
    Hi vanya we go on Sunday so can let you know how it is next week if that's any help xx
  • Options
    Coopekids, Thanks. I hope that it will be nice, around 23 , 24 degrees. Please, if I not bothered you, can you ask some local people, if they know what will be the sea temperature in the end of September. Thank you very much. ...
  • Options
    AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 822
    edited September 2015
    Hi Vanya,

Currently the sea around Thassos is a lovely 25-26 degrees. :)

You can check the sea temperature forecast here: http://poseidon.hcmr.gr/ocean_forecast.php?area_id=aeg
  • Options
    Thank you, Augie. ...I really hope that temperature is still the same in the end of September. ...will be Great!
  • Options
    VintageVivVintageViv Member (+) Posts: 50
    Wow, never seen anyone surfing before in Golden Beach - it's usually so calm when we go!
  • Options
    Got back from golden beach sunday 13th. Had a great week. Excellent weather. Plenty of choices for eating out would recommend Nisi. Sea was a bit rough for swimming most days but we still went in - after all we're used to the north sea lol. Sea was still quite warm. We stayed at Smaro - great location clean and comfortable could do with crockery etc sorting but no complaints. Wasps !!!
  • Options
    Does anyone know what the beach is like in limenaria. We are looking at sunray hotel any info would be good xx
  • Options
    4 days and I'll be in Golden beach....again ..happy happy happy...I really hope that the weather will be sunny.
  • Options
    SueSue Member (+) Posts: 35
    COOPERKIDS, THE BEACH AT LIMINARIA IS VERY NARROW. THE RESTURANTS ALONG THE FRONT HAVE THEIR SUNBEDS, WHICH YOU HAVE FREE IF YOU BUY FOOD OR DRINKS FROM THEM. THEY ARE ALL PACKED TOGETHER, NOT GOOD. THERE IS ANOTHER PART FURTHER UP BUT HAVE NEVER BEEN THERE.
  • Options
    Thanks Sue. Phoot on website shows beds at sunray hotel and they look ok.was wondering if beach was sandy xx
  • Options
    Phoot lol whats a phoot. Mean photo xx
  • Options
    SueSue Member (+) Posts: 35
    Morning cooperkids, the beach is sandy/shale. I don't think there is another beach that is as good as Golden Beach on Thassos.
  • Options
    The weather hasn't looked too good this week has it
  • Options
    Nannie FrenchNannie French Member (+) Posts: 45
    Hi Delboy, weather still nice enough to swim and go out and about and of course sit in sheltered spots in bars!! Need a jacket at night, but still a lovely time of year to be here!!
  • Options
    Nannie FrenchNannie French Member (+) Posts: 45
    Is the camera offline or is it me? Weather on Meteo still looks good, but I can't see if people are still enjoying it....