Jai

Home General

Jai

GangoGango Member (+) Posts: 38
Hi, I'm devastated to say that my husband, Jai, passed away suddenly and unexpectedly on his birthday 25th August. We had been visiting Thassos since 1999. He loved Thassos and all the people we met. He also loved this webcam and often posted comments and had 2 computer screens set up while he worked, so that he could permanently have the webcam showing on one. I love this photo of him on Ipsarion. He always said he wanted his ashes scattering on Thassos, so I hope to return next year to carry out his wishes. Always in my heart. Katherine

Comments

• bungalow50bungalow50 Member Posts: 10
    So very sorry for your loss, my sincere condolences.
    Hope you get back to Thassos to fulfill his wishes
  • AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 817
    Oh my goodness, Katherine! Jai was still so young which makes it hard to believe! I was gutted when I read this news. You both are in my thoughts and prayers.

We've added a memorial message on the Webcam he loved watching. This is meant to honor him as a loved member of our community. We'll keep the memorial up for the entire month of November if you don't have any objections.

If you need assistance or support carrying out his wishes, please don't hesitate to ask us, ok? :heart:
  • GangoGango Member (+) Posts: 38
    Oh Augie thank you so much for that. It is such a lovely gesture. And yes I will be in touch. I have our "place" that I am thinking of scattering his ashes so will ask your advice later. My son would like to do it on 25th August next year but I am likely to come to Thassos at some point before that next year.