Can you help us find a place to stay?

Home General

Can you help us find a place to stay?

AnnaThassosAnnaThassos Member Posts: 4
Hello friend,
We are a group of 14 people, 7 adults and 7 kids from Romania. We would like to spend our vacation in Thassos this summer. We are on a budget this year but we would prefer Greece instead of Bulgaria as we visited BG last summer. We searched and we are still searching for a nice, cheap place to stay that would match our budget and our expectations. Considering the fact that Greece is well known for its beautiful, fine sand beaches we would like to find a place to stay close to the beach, but close to facilities also. Sounds hard to find, but we didn't lose our hope, yet. The period we would like to make reservations is 6 nights starting with 16th of August. I think we can go up to €70-80 per night. Can you recommend us something? 😇

Best Answers

• AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 818
    Answer ✓
    Hi AnnaThassos :)

What kind of fun are you looking for? Watersports? Nightlife? Playgrounds for kids? Arcade games and bumper cars? Live music and Greek dancing? Beach bars? Museums? Archaeological sites? Boat trips? Boat rentals? Fishing? Beach volley?

It's a difficult question to answer because it really depends on your interests. The good thing is, if you have a car, you can experience all of these things since Thassos is not very big. You can drive a full circle around the island in only 2 hours which means the furthest away place, where ever you are, is only 1 hour. So you can decide to spend a day or half a day at different resorts during your stay, depending on what you feel like doing that day. That's one of the things I love about Thassos.
  • AnnaThassosAnnaThassos Member Posts: 4
    Answer ✓
    You are right. Thank you very much.
    Answer ✓

Those are two very nice accommodations only a short walk from Golden Beach with very nice hosts. I'm certain you will enjoy your stay! Thank you for sharing your experience after your holiday!

Answers

The week of 16th August is the highest point of the tourism season on Thassos. Here are some pieces of advice I can offer you:
    1. Book as early as you can because it will only get harder with every passing day for you to find availability for 14 people in August
    2. August is the most expensive time to visit Thassos. If you consider coming at the end of June, beginning of July, or mid-September, you will find lower rates and save considerably on your accommodation
    3. The closer to the sea you stay, the more you should be prepared to pay. Therefore, if you can't find something next to the sea within your budget, consider staying away from the sea because you will find more availability and lower rates. If you stay somewhere that is 4 or 5 minutes drive from the sea, for example, you can still have a wonderful holiday with more money in your pocket!
    4. I recommend contacting the properties that you like and asking them directly for an offer. This way you will have no middleman to increase the price (like Booking.com, AirBnB, etc.) and you will always get the best of the best deals. This is what we at Go-Thassos make easy for you to do!
    We hope you have a wonderful time on our beautiful island this summer!
    edited May 2022
    Thank you very much! Can you please answer me one more question? We will travel with children, but we also want to have fun. Can you recommend us a resort where both children and parents could have fun?
    Hey, dear friend, we booked 6 nights from 20 of August in Skala Panagia, at Arsenis villa and Exadas apartments (they are 1 min distance from each other). Do you know something about the acomodation here? I will let you know for sure how it was after our vacation. Thank you. U