ATV or Car rental?

Home Traveling to Thassos
Options

ATV or Car rental?

Hi
My friend and I are going to Thassos this summer, and we're considering renting an ATV. However, only I have a driver's license, and we don't want to pay too much.

I've looked on Google, and I find that Thassos is quite small, so won't we be able to just walk around the island? Is it worth it renting a vehicle?

If anyone knows a cirka price, we'd love your guess. We're staying a week, and I think we'd like to rent for 4-5 days.

Thank you in advance,
Anna

Comments

• Options
    AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 819
    edited April 2022
    Hey Annarosen :)

Thassos isn't a huge island, but it's too big for most people to walk around. The ring road of the island is about 100 Km and it takes about 2 hours to drive in a car without stopping.

I highly recommend getting a set of wheels, whether an ATV or car, during your stay. This will open up the entire island to you. If you're coming for a week, you will appreciate the time you will save with your own wheels... instead of waiting for the bus or needing to leave with the last bus even though you may not be ready. Enjoy total freedom with an ATV or car and make your holiday a lot better.

The rental companies generally offer a better price for longer terms. The daily rate is higher when you rent for just 1 day and lower when you rent for 5 days.

At the link below you'll find some options. I suggest asking for a quote! :)

https://www.go-thassos.gr/visiting-thassos/transportation