ferry schedule from keramoti or kavala in summer

Home Traveling to Thassos

ferry schedule from keramoti or kavala in summer

Hello, I intend to stay in Thasos from June 30 to July 14, 2021, but my flight from Athens arrives on June 30 at 10:30 PM. Is there a ferry to the island that leaves from 11:30 p.m. or later? Otherwise, we would have to spend the night in Kavala and it would seriously upset our travel plans. Thanks for your reply.

Comments

• AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 818
    Hi Mercedes :)

During the summer, the last ferry usually departs from Keramoti at 23:00. The airport is very small and I suppose if your flight arrives 5 minutes early and you have no delays collecting your baggage and exiting the airport, you could probably catch the 23:00 ferry since the taxi only needs 10 minutes to get you there.

You could take your chances but I would personally recommend booking your 1st night in Keramoti so you don't have that kind of stress early in your trip. Take it easy, the Greek way, and enjoy your first night in Keramoti where there are plenty of good food and drink options that will keep you entertained until bedtime. Then wake up nice and fresh the next morning and hop on the ferry to Thassos!

TIP: Remember to bring mosquito repellant especially if you stay in Keramoti because there are rice farms nearby with sitting water so typically there are mosquitos.
  • ReluRelu Member Posts: 2
    Hello ! I've seen that all ferry are cancelled betleem 23-25 July 2021. Is it true? How can you leave from Thasos on 25.07?
    Hi Relu :)

No, the ferries haven't been canceled. They just haven't released the schedule for those dates yet. Ferries will operate normally on those days so please don't worry.
  • ReluRelu Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Augie !
  • zencoachzencoach Member Posts: 1
    Here is the announcement on the website says: Ferry cancellations during the week of 19 - 25 July. What does that mean?
    Hi zencoach :)

The message also says "click here for more information".

If you click the red text, you will see grey slots in the ferry schedule that opens. Those specific times on those specific dates are cancelled.
  • igorigor Member Posts: 1
    Hi Augie,
    will be any ferries in October 2021? There's no schedule in thassos-ferries.gr
    thanks!
    Hi Igor :)

Yes, there will be ferry crossings in October. They won't be as frequent as they are now but there will be a ferry crossing at least every 2 hours between Keramoti and Limenas. Rest assured when the ferry companies release the schedules for October we will update them as well.