Retourning to mainland by ferry

Home Coronavirus

Retourning to mainland by ferry

Daniel85Daniel85 Member Posts: 4
edited July 2021 in Coronavirus
Hi Augie,
We are now in Thassos and have heard some rumors that we have to make a covid test before traveling with the ferry to islands. Are covid tests also mandatory for retourning from Thassos to Keramoti? Thank you!

Comments

• AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 818
    edited July 2021
    Hey Daniel! :)

No, covid tests aren't mandatory when returning from Thassos to Keramoti. I just went and spoke to the port authority in Limenas and confirmed this so I heard it straight from the horse's mouth.

Hope you're having a great time, my friend!!
  • Daniel85Daniel85 Member Posts: 4
    Thank you very much!
  • @Augie How about now after the new restrictions? Do we need negative tests to leave the island?
    Not if you’re vaccinated.

If you're unvaccinated, you will need a negative cheap self-test from any pharmacy.

That’s according to the new general rules for Greece.

I’ll speak to the port authority tomorrow and let you know if the new rule applies to the ferry routes of Thassos. 😊
  • throw123throw123 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2021
    Hi @Augie, were you able to check this with the port authority?

Also, to do a self test you need the self test declaration form in printed version, is this also supplied by a pharmacy?

Thanks!
    edited July 2021
    Hey guys! :)

I went and spoke with the Limenas port authority and they confirmed that the rules apply here as well.

Anyone who is unvaccinated will need to complete this form and have it with them when departing Thassos.

https://self-testing.gov.gr/covid19-self-test-print.pdf

I asked what happens if an unvaccinated tourist comes to the port without the document and he told me they may be denied access to the ferry until they complete the form.

In order to guarantee a hassle-free departure, I recommend completing this form and having it with you when you depart.

I can't speak for all pharmacies but I do know that generally, they do provide you with a printed form if you request it when buying a self-test.
  • Thank you @Augie for the information!

So, all we have to do is to fill the self-test document and show it on the ferry? Do we have to show the self-test too?
    Hey aleksandar, you're very welcome! :)

The port authority officer did not mention the test, only the document. He emphasized that the document must be completed and available in case they ask to see it. If they ask you for it and you do not have one then they may deny you access to the ferry. They would then ask you to come back after meeting the requirements.