Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos - Page 131

Home Go-Thassos Comments

Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos

Comments

• SebastianSebastian Administrator Posts: 18
    We had an internet outage earlier this morning and since then I've noticed some funky colors/smears. Normally these things resolve themselves after some time. If it doesn't go away by the afternoon, I'll give the system a nice kick for ya!
  • SueandMacSueandMac Member (+) Posts: 99
    Thank you Sebastian, Mac was starting to twitch!!!
  • AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 817
    Poor guy!! Mac should get that checked out, Sue. :sweat_smile:
    A good clear view of Golden Beach sorts it out!!
  • itsinmysoulitsinmysoul Member Posts: 19
    Its wonderful to be able to see where I am coming in June again

...looking at the webcam it looks like the beaches and sea are empty???

• SebastianSebastian Administrator Posts: 18
    [Fingers crossed] It looks like I've managed to fix the beach tour. I had to rewrite my script controlling the tour. Hopefully all will be well and nobody suffers any further anxiety attacks :smiley:

@itsinmysoul The pandemic has pushed our season much further into the late spring/summer so we don't have the same volume of tourism as in previous years during the same time period. Thankfully we're seeing an increase in tourism traffic over the last couple of weeks. Soon enough there will be life on the beaches once again :smile:
    Thank you Sebastian
  • zavzav Member Posts: 19
    I hate the picture on the webcam, :D but I still have to look at it every day. Today it is 96 days until I stand on Golden Beach after a year's break. I'm as happy as a little kid who can't wait for Christmas. :-)
    Hey Zav :) Woohoo! Just 95 days to go now!

What picture on the webcam do you mean?
  • zavzav Member Posts: 19
    it was a joke - I hate the pictures because I can't be on the beach in person.:-) and can only see the beach on the monitor. Now it's only 94 days until I can lie in the sun at Golden Beach :-)
  • marie22marie22 Member (+) Posts: 20
    Watching with hope, have booked for 4th august for 2 weeks , will be 14th visit ,everything is crossed ;)
  • NYKONYKO Member Posts: 3
    Buna ziua, va rog sa puneti bancile la loc!!
  • NYKONYKO Member Posts: 3
    Multumesc frumos pentru bancuta!!
  • tonitoni Member (+) Posts: 107
    We are gutted that we have had to cancel our holiday to thassos this year because of the uncertainty Covid has brought. We will miss our friends again this year but we have rescheduled our easyJet flights to next August and hopefully the world will be in a better place. Stay safe and healthy everyone 🙏🏻
  • JaiJai Member Posts: 29
    Hey Augie, Back to the beautiful island we call home. We found it really straight forward from UK. We flew with Ryan Air from Manchester to Thessaloniki. Both me and Gango are double vaccinated.. I wish that more people will come and help the beautiful Thassian people. We are here until the 4 August. Just sitting in Sotiris sipping some some Rose and will have some lovely Greek food, Then off to Limanaki for night cap :wink:
    Welcome home, Jai and Gango!! :smiley:

It's awesome to see you both made it to Thassos this year!!

Jai, there's a topic in the forum regarding flying here from the UK and I think many people would appreciate hearing the details of your experience travelling to Thassos independently. Do you have any tips for people contemplating coming here on their own from the UK?

Please do us a favor and share your wisdom and insights here!
    https://community.go-thassos.gr/discussion/638/flying-from-uk#latest
  • JaiJai Member Posts: 29
    Yes Augie, Gango will leave some tips to to help other UK travellers ❤️
    Up until last year we have always flew with tui to kavala then coach to keramoti, last year because of covid we changed to ryanair to thessaloniki then car hire to keramoti that being our 14th visit.I cannot tell you how easy and a fantastic adventure it was , everything in our own time, beautiful views on the way stopping for frappe , it was a real bonus to the holiday .We are doing the same this year in august , only difference is PLF filled in 1 greek before and 1 english before returning, print off of covid vaccinations printed off and then on return a test in limenas choice of chemists before flying and a test on day 2 after arriving , it really is nothing if you take everything as part of the journey of life , 2 weeks to go and definitely counting ha ha , good luck x
    Bravo, Marie22! Simply, Bravo!! :smiley:
    Have stopped reading the news, so much scare mongering over travel,every day something changing, uk cases are dropping and greece in our opinion has always had low numbers in view of size of the country, 4 days to go for us and are staying positive ;)
  • S_WS_W Member (+) Posts: 15
    Quire concerning the NHS covid certificate, does anyone know my NHS certificate letter does not show my middle name as my passport does is my certificate letter valid? Thanks Nigel.
  • EllieEllie Member (+) Posts: 31
    Nigel S_W, I had similar concerns as my name on the NHS file didn't match my passport. I rushed down to the surgery to ask them to amend it (I took all manner of proof such as passport and birth certificate, which they did ask for). They did that, and they set up a link between the surgery and the NHS app. That made the proving ID aspect much easier. If you have the NHS app on your phone, you can renew the Covid pass easily. I don't know if it would have mattered, but I didn't want to take any chances!
    Hi Ellie, thanks for your quick response I shall go to my doctors first thing tomorrow and get this sorted as we fly out to thassos on the 15th (hopefully)
    Good evening, I was just wondering, has anybody on this forum arrived today via TUI as I've had a concerning email from the hotel I am meant to be staying at from the 15th August.
  • EllieEllie Member (+) Posts: 31
    Nigel S_W, we are hopefully flying the week before you ... have heard nothing from TUI at all. We're only assuming it's happening! Are you staying in Golden Beach?