Ferry crossing September

Home Traveling to Thassos

Ferry crossing September

Hi we are planning to come to thassos for the first time September 15 could I ask if you need to pre book the ferry to take a car over or do you just turn up and pay thanks
Sivy

Comments

• AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 818
    edited September 2019
    Hi Sivy :)

Great timing because the island will have far less crowds (which means more beach to yourself!). I love mid-September on Thassos.

Pre-booking your ferry ticket isn't possible. You may only buy your ferry ticket at the ferry port just before your departure.

Here's the timetable which you may find useful: https://www.go-thassos.gr/thassos-ferry-schedules-prices

Have a safe trip and hope you have a wonderful time!
  • Sivy28Sivy28 Member Posts: 2
    Hi augi that's great news thanks for the heads up mate :)
  • BlossomBlossom Member Posts: 1
    Hi

I wondered if the ferry schedule from Kavala is still the same as 2019.

Thankyou in advance
  • hobgoblinhobgoblin Member (+) Posts: 58
    hi, just go on the go-thassos Website, where you will find the ferry timetable.
    Hi Blossom :)

There are currently 3 ferry crossings per day from Kavala to Skala Prinos. In 2019 there were 6 crossings per day so no, they are not the same.

https://www.go-thassos.gr/thassos-ferry-schedules-prices
  • trevpnntrevpnn Member (+) Posts: 10
    Hi Augie,

From a previous question about arriving in September you gave a link to a timetable that stated it was only to 9th August. I have tried to find a timetable for September but despite going on to ferry company websites I am unable to find a September timetable.
    My problem is I need to be at Thessaloniki airport at 9.30 approx so will need an early ferry, hopefully any advice will be welcome.
    Regards
    Trevor
    Hi Trev :)

It's nice to hear from you and I'm glad you're returning to Thassos this year!

The ferry schedule for September will be available on 31 August but I can assure you that there will be a ferry early in the morning from Limenas to Keramoti. The most likely times there will be a ferry is at 6:00 or 6:30. If you catch one of these, you'll make it to Thessaloniki airport by 9:30 am easily!
  • trevpnntrevpnn Member (+) Posts: 10
    Thank you Augie it's nice to hear confirmation from someone with more knowledge than me. This will be the 3rd time I've used Thessaloniki and hired a car from Potos to drive to Keramote, so if anyone is thinking of doing the same but are concerned then do it(I am 70 now) and looking forward to Golden Beach.
    All the best to everyone on Go-Thassos
    Trevor
  • paflyerpaflyer Member Posts: 2
    Hey there!
    I booked a week of Thassos from the 20th of September, but the ferry schedule seems to end at September 12th. They restart at Oct 1st. Is there any kind of break?
    Best wishes!
    Hi Paflyer :)

Check here on Monday, 14 September. You'll find the updated schedule which will include the ferry times for 20 September. There will be some cancellations so be sure to click the red text beneath the schedule to find out which ferries will run on the day you arrive.
  • paflyerpaflyer Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much! Looking forward to be back on Thassos!
  • InaquaInaqua Member Posts: 2
    Hello :smile:

We have booked to stay in Chrysi Ammoudia (Golden Beach) starting from 12th Sep. We will drive from Skopje, N. Macedonia, so my question here would be the following:

Is it better to catch a ferry from Kavala to Prinos or Keramoti to Limenas?

Thank you in advance.
    Hi Inaqua :)

Since you will be coming in your own car, I highly recommend taking the Keramoti to Limenas route because it's faster (35 minutes vs 75 minutes) and cheaper. Plus, Limenas is closer to Golden Beach so driving from the ferry port to your final destination is about half the distance if you take this route.
  • InaquaInaqua Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much Augie :)

I know it is still early but just checking my options. I just hope there will be regular ferry lines after 10th Sep.

Have a nice evening!
  • herminahermina Member Posts: 1
    Good day,
    Can you please, tell us if there is any problem with the ferry from Limenas to keramoti?
    And with the road from keramoti to the continent?

The problem: on waze and google maps the road from keramoti to the continent is blocked. Also, waze and google maps indicate that the ferry from limenas to kavala is availabe, but not from limenas to keramoti! 😳

Do you know of any problem on that road and ferry?
    We leave Thasol on 21st of September 2021.
    Thank you very much.
    Hi Hermina :)

There is no problem with the ferry from Limenas to Keramoti or with the road from Keramoti to the continent.

It sounds like there's a problem with Waze / Google Maps.

Have a safe trip tomorrow!!