UK's Green Travel List

Home Traveling to Thassos

UK's Green Travel List

JaiJai Member Posts: 29
Hi Augie,

Fingers crossed that today the UK will add Greece to the Green Travel List. The announcement for the next review is expected @ 17:00hrs GMT today 3rd June 2021.

I am missing Thassos

Thanks Jai

Comments

• AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 818
    edited June 2021
    Hey Jai! :)

I personally believe that Greece will be added to the green list at the next review and not this one.

I believe that because Greece has been undertaking a massive self-test campaign over the last few weeks while re-opening the economy. All private and public sector workers are required by law to take a self-test once per week and report the results on the government's covid platform. We are testing A LOT in order to stomp out the virus as quickly and as thoroughly as possible. Of course, this means that more cases are being detected so our daily new cases are currently higher than other countries with similar population sizes in Europe.

Check out the 4th map on this page: https://covid19.gov.gr/ecdc-map-en/

I think in 2-3 weeks we are going to have significantly lower daily new cases thanks to all the self-testing and the vaccination drive which is in full-throttle at the moment. We're doing everything humanly possible to ensure we get on the green travel list and STAY on it.

We're still holding our breath and crossing our fingers while looking forward to tonight's announcement!
  • juliebjulieb Member (+) Posts: 26
    BBC news have just announced no new countries have been added to green list ☹️
  • JaiJai Member Posts: 29
    Damn ! Have to wait another 3 weeks :( for the UK Government