Facemasks

Home Coronavirus

Facemasks

gazgaz Member Posts: 2
edited July 2021 in Coronavirus
What are the requirements for facemasks in Thassos - is it just indoors or are they required outdoors as well ? By the pool ?

Comments

• AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 818
    Hi Gaz :)

Great question!

Greece opened to tourism (unofficially) yesterday, 19 April, and those coming now would need to follow the current measures which require everyone to wear a mask in all indoor and outdoor public spaces. Pool areas are considered public spaces.

We're still waiting to hear the specifics in regards to the measures starting 14 May which is Greece's official opening date for tourism. Last summer this wasn't required so I don't believe wearing a mask next to the pool or on the beach (outdoors) will be required.

Keep an eye on our Coronavirus Updates page and we'll keep you posted as we learn more!

https://www.go-thassos.gr/coronavirus/
  • gazgaz Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the update...we have been coming to Thassos regularly since 1996 and are keen to return for the 18th time and see friends and support the local economy. Fingers crossed for good news on 14 May!! :)
  • frenchiefrenchie Member Posts: 21
    Beach is looking lovely - inviting. Will there be some umbrellas for the holiday weekend, it's so late this year?

Wish you all a happy, peaceful and joyous Easter and hope that it really does bring a renewal, of hope, optimism and goodwill.

Stay well and stay safe, all my friends.
  • AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 818
    edited May 2021
    Hi Frenchie :)

No umbrellas on the beaches yet because tourism in Greece officially opens on May 14.

People from the EU, the UK, and other countries are allowed to travel to Greece since April 19 for tourism purposes (on a pilot scheme) but the services available are limited and restrictions apply to tourists in the same as they apply to the locals. This doesn't seem to be stopping people because we have quite a few tourists here enjoying the weather and nature. I saw loads of them on bikes yesterday - the first tourists I've seen this year!