% of brits per season.

Home Share Photos & Videos

% of brits per season.

Hi Augie, just wondering what is the % of brits that visit Thassos each season.

Comments

• AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 818
    Hey Tony :)

On average, Brits probably make up less than 15% of the tourists visiting Thassos nowadays.

Please note: This is an estimate because tourist arrival data is fragmented across the many hotels, resorts, travel agencies, tour operators, etc.

• tonybtonyb Member Posts: 33
    So if brits cannot travel this summer Thassos travel industry will continue, good to hear as do not think much will change here in the next six months.
    Hi Augie, is there any indication yet of the minimum requirement for travel to Greece this year?, seems there may be a possibility of travel by brits this summer.
    Received email this morning Thassos cancelled 2nd May TUI, onwards and upwards.
  • AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 818
    edited March 2021
    Hey Tony :blush:

We are all anxiously waiting for the Greek government to solidify its plans for opening the country for tourism this year. I can't give you any concrete information yet, but things seem promising based on what we're hearing in the news!

Greece plans to welcome all vaccinated visitors without the need of testing and quarantining. People who haven't been vaccinated will also be welcome to Greece but they will be required to take a rapid test upon their arrival (or right before their departure from their origin country). Greece may provide these tests for free according to reports I have read.

I'm so glad that the case numbers have dropped significantly in the UK and your prospects are looking better by the day! 🤞
    Am just waiting for the second jab and will then rebook for Thassos, maybe third time lucky.