Little request Augie

Home General

Little request Augie

Leanne1976Leanne1976 Member Posts: 144
Hi Augie (or Anthony) i was wondering if i could put in a small request. If you’re out about and happen to be in Skala Rahoni, on the main road (near Mediterranean hotel) there’s a shop next door to a gyros place, the shop is ran by a husband and wife couple but he is from chile, i really wish i could remember his name. We’ve all been wondering and hoping this couple are ok both physically and business wise. He is without doubt one of the nicest people we’ve met. Always had a smile and with limited english we still managed to have a few little chats.
If it’s at all possible I’d really like to know they’re ok? I know it might not be but unless you ask!!

Hope everyone else is well xxx

Comments

• SJR1991SJR1991 Member Posts: 18
    Oh my gosh I know who exactly who you're talking about! We stayed at the Mediterranean 2018 & 2019 and always went to get our bits and pieces from this store as we loved him so much! Such a cheerful, kind man. We never saw his wife however. Would love to know how they are!
  • Leanne1976Leanne1976 Member Posts: 144
    We stayed at the med in 2017 & 2018 we should’ve been back last yr around the time Thomas cook went bust.
  • SJR1991SJR1991 Member Posts: 18
    That's such a shame. We stayed in June both times so luckily got there before TC went bust! Last time I heard from the hotel they signed with a new German partner, but I'm hoping after this year they might be able to renegotiate to be with a UK tour operator again. Or at least be able to take direct bookings!
    We were due to stay at the zafira around the corner this September, we were going to call into the med for a drink.. I was gutted we couldn’t go there again but right now I’d take a tent on the beach if it meant I could be back 😂
  • hobgoblinhobgoblin Member (+) Posts: 58
    hi leanne, if you are willing to fly into Thessaloniki, easyjet and ryanair go from Manchester, might be worth a look. hire a car, it's really easy, motorway nearly all the way. we stayed at the aegean Sun twice (near the zafira) and they take direct bookings.
  • AnthonyAnthony Administrator Posts: 22
    edited July 2020
    Good morning @Leanne1976 , @SJR1991 , and @hobgoblin !

Your request has been accepted :) I live in Agios Giorgos, so to get to work in Limenas I go through Skala Rachoni every day.

I went past the shop today and it was closed. I talked to a neighbor of his and she told me that he is ok but he will not be opening his shop in 2020.

The gyros place next door (called "Sesoula") has moved to Skala Prinos by the ferry port.

Shop Photo
    Hi Anthony, thank you so much for taking the time to find out for me. I’m glad to hear they are well, I hope they are in a position to open up next year!
    We are gutted about the gyros shop, that was also our first meal sat on our balcony after a day of travel with a mythos or a radler 🙈

• AnthonyAnthony Administrator Posts: 22
    I found him!!

As I was coming back from shopping with my partner, she pointed to the car in front of me and told me that that’s the man I was looking for!

I followed him as he lives close by ;)

I stopped and talked to him and gave him everyone’s wishes. He was very happy and sends greetings back.
    Anthony!!!

Thank you so much! I’ve really had a bad few days and you’ve just made me smile! talk about going above and beyond 😀😀😀 I’m so happy he’s ok and he’s still smiling 🥰

Thank you so much (again)