Ferry schedules October

Home Traveling to Thassos
Options

Ferry schedules October

Hello,

We plan to go to Thassos 2nd of October. We will arrive in Kavala at about 9pm. I couldn't find any ferry schedule for October. Can someone help us please?

We have to get to Limenas. I read best is from the airport Kavala to Keramoti and then the ferry from there. Is this the best way?

If so, what is the best way to Keramuti form the aiport?

We appreciate every information we can get!

Thanks already!

Comments

• Options
    DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    The best and only way is to get a taxi from Kavala Airport to Keramoti docks about 15 min ride and normally cost around 20€s. However, may be a little more late at night. The Ferry service schedule at the moment runs until 30th September. When the new one comes out I am guessing it will be reduced for a winter timetable. Augie will be the best to answer it for you
  • Options
    AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 819
    edited September 2019
    Hi Twoface :)

The ferry schedule for October will be available sometime at the end of this month. As Delboy said, It will be reduced compared to the schedule you see for September 2019 here.

In September, the last ferry departing from Keramoti is at 23:00. I believe the last ferry in October will be earlier, probably at 21:30, so be prepared to spend your first night in Keramoti if you don't catch it. Keramoti is a nice seaside fishing village lined with restaurants and cafes so you will enjoy your overnight stay if it must come to this.

The only way to Keramoti from the airport is by taking a taxi. The ride takes about 10 minutes from the airport. I recommend booking a taxi in advance so that you have a taxi waiting for you on your arrival. This will help increase your chances of catching the last ferry, but don't get your hopes up because you won't have much time and any number of things can happen and slow you down in the process.

I recommended contacting an airport taxi direct and booking one in advance here.
  • Options
    twofacetwoface Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much Delboy and Augie!

Because it's too risky for us that there won't be a ferry to catch, we booked a flight early on the next day. We will arrive at 9:05am in Kavala and won't have problems to get a ferry from Keramoti.

We're looking forward to our trip to Thasssos! :)
  • Options
    AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 819
    Good move, Twoface! :)