Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos - Page 124

Home Go-Thassos Comments

Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos

Comments

• colingcoling Member Posts: 7
    Well just had a glorious two weeks at Golden Beach once again - perfect weather - perfect food & wine - & perfect location - now back in the wet uk until next year - will be booking my next holiday back there next week. Have a great time to all of you that still have your holiday to come.
  • SueandMacSueandMac Member (+) Posts: 99
    Hi Augie,
    Is it my laptop or your webcam, but it is always "buffering" and static.
    From your non techie friends!!!!!

• AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 817
    Hi SueandMac! :)

It's possible that the internet connection at the hotel is to blame (the speed can fluctuate throughout the day), but it's also possible that it's your internet connection.

I'm watching the webcam and it's not buffering for me right now. However, I have experienced the webcam buffering at an annoying rate in the past, so I understand what you mean.

Can you please check at different times throughout the day and see if it buffers continuously for you (at all hours), and let me know?
    Thanks for your quick response Augie---I think it could be that I need to update my browser. Will try this and ley you know what happens.
    Sue

Perfect when I use Internet Explorer
  • EllieEllie Member (+) Posts: 31
    SueandMac, my husband found the same thing recently. He's been using Microsoft Edge for years with no problems, but a couple of weeks ago found he just couldn't get this page to run at all. I was having no trouble using Chrome, so it wasn't our internet. He swapped to Firefox and can now watch it perfectly. So if anyone else is having problems, try using a different browser!
    Thanks Ellie----Glad it wasn't just me! Happy days. We will be back in September when the sea will be really warm!
  • EllieEllie Member (+) Posts: 31
    SueandMac, we were thinking the same! We go in August, can't wait!
  • colingcoling Member Posts: 7
    Just booked my holiday for next year - only 333 days to go - enjoy your holidays if they are still to come - there's nowhere better
    Hi Augie
    Can you tell us why the Angelica webcam is focused on a strange static vessel with a crane on one side?
    S + M
    Hi Sue and Mac :smile:

I really have no idea... but I found details about the ship for you, since you're curious:

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:213514/mmsi:240691000/imo:8520771/vessel:ASTREA

Hi Sue and Mac :)

I found out the ship is laying cables. Here's the company's profile of the ship:

http://www.assogroup.com/en/fleet/astrea/
    Thanks for the information Augie. See you in September S&M
  • tonitoni Member (+) Posts: 107
    One week until we come to thassos staying in beautiful Skala Potamias
  • ANNAANNA Member Posts: 2
    Hello. Is it safe to arrive on holiday in Thasos, are there any wildfires now? Thank you for any helpful information in advance! :)
  • DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    I have just read one started in the south and was successfully put out yesterday
  • ANNAANNA Member Posts: 2
    Thank you Delboy for your quick reply!
  • Wendy FlemingWendy Fleming Member (+) Posts: 75
    Hi, are there any other tour operators flying to Kavala from UK next year.
    Well TUI are flying as far as I know but not Thomas Cook who appear to have pulled out
    Also Sunvil may be going but they would use TUI planes
  • Wendy FlemingWendy Fleming Member (+) Posts: 75
    TUI ARE SO EXPENSIVE FOR FLIGHT ONLY
    edited August 2019
    Yes I know Wendy but the threads 'spanner in the works' & 'Thassos 2020' in the community section tells you of the only other options available
  • Leanne1976Leanne1976 Member Posts: 144
    Yep Wendy, the threads that Del mentions, we have been looking at other options. We are stuck with TUI or big journey.
  • Adrian LeeAdrian Lee Member (+) Posts: 126
    Well after a 5 year gap,we are returning to Thassos next year.
    We will be flying into Thessaloniki and driving to Keramoti, then staying for 14 nights in Skala Panagia.
    Counting down the days already :-)
    Hi Adrian,

long time no hear, yes you teamed up with another couple on your past visits. I think you will notice some changes between your gap years as we did this year. I did a trip report of it to try and show some of them.
    We went earlier but found it quite busy.