ATM CASH POINT MACHINE

Home General

ATM CASH POINT MACHINE

broderickbroderick Member (+) Posts: 33
Hello ,,
Is there a cash point machine now available at Golden Beach or should I get some travelers cheques in advance..

Thanks Steve

Comments

• DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    Hi Steve,

There are two cash Atm's one next to the Campsite in Skala Panagia end and another on the front in Skala Potamia. These are both Euronet machines and not owned by the Greek banks, so not sure what they charge. Also there is another Alpha Bank machine on the main road behind Skala Potamia which is a Greek bank. However, all Greek banks are charging around 3€s per withdrawal in addition to your own card charges. Also all Atm's will try and lure you into their exchange rates. Avoid them exchanges and only ask for euros.
    PS not sure if Traveller's cheques are taken these days most people go for loaded prepaid cards
    Hi again,

If you go down to the tourist reviews section down below on the left. I have written three reviews on Golden beach with photos and you will see the Atm locations. The one 2015 was my last one about halfway down the list of posts.
    Lots of other tips in it but things do change and I doubt my views of Vigli's would be the same now as then as the owners have changed and reviews on TA have not been good.
  • terryterry Member (+) Posts: 14
    The Vigli is closed and possibly for the rest of the season
    Thanks for that info Terry, it bothers me when Taverna's change hands (by all accounts for the worse) and my trip report showed them in such good light in 2015.