Car rental.

Home General

Car rental.

torispaatorispaa Member Posts: 2
Hello all,

need some addvice.

So we need a car for four days in May 27.-31.5.2019 (Mon -Thu) and we are staying in Skala Rachioni area. What would be a best car rental company?

Regards,

Timo

Comments

• AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 818
    edited March 2019
    Hi Torispaa! :)

Two really great local car rental companies you can count on are:

1. National Friend - https://www.national-friend.gr/en/

2. Potos Car Rental - https://www.rentacarpotos.gr/
    (get a 5% discount with promo code GOPOTOS)
  • torispaatorispaa Member Posts: 2
    Hi Augie!

Yes, those were companies what I end up after googling. Verify my mind.

Thanks!

Br, Timo
    Any time, Torispaa! :)
  • BiliBili Member Posts: 4
    Hi,i checked the websites you recommended, do you have possibly any promo code for August month to share ? :-)
    Hey Bili :)

The promo code gopotos applies to bookings for August as well. Check it out: https://www.rentacarpotos.gr/
  • BiliBili Member Posts: 4
    Super! We Will check out!
  • martintravelsmartintravels Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I will stay in Kinira and would like to rent a car in a location close by or in Limenas as I want to visit Limenas anyway).
    Do you know how and when I could go to the car-renting-places via bus? I saw there are busses at 10:30-12:50-16:15 from Limenas, which would go to Kinira, but I couldn't find times when they depart from Kinira.
    And thanks for the promo-code for rentacarpotos ;)

Regards
    Martin
    edited August 2019
    Heya Martin :)

The route you are interested in on the time table here is the 1st row which shows:

Alyki ► Skala Potamia, Golden Beach & Limenas

This bus departs from Alyki at 8:20, 10:20, and 16:25. It passes through Kinira and will take you to Limenas. I'm not sure what time the bus would reach Kinira, since traffic on the road can influence the arrival time, but I'm guessing 10-15 minutes after it leaves from Alyki. Maybe more.

So when travelling to Limenas from Kinira, I recommend you get to the bus stop in Kinira at 8:30, 10:30, or 16:35, (north-bound side of the road) and be prepared to wait 5-15 minutes in case the bus takes longer. Be sure to carry water with you!

You could also speak to the bus driver or bus station staff when you're here and ask them for their best time estimate, or call them at +30 25930 22162.
  • martintravelsmartintravels Member Posts: 2
    Hi Augie,

thank you very much. This helped a lot.

Have a nice day
    Martin
  • DundelDundel Member Posts: 4
    Hey Augie,
    can you recommend good car rental company near Golden Beach, Skala Potamia?

Regards,
    Denis
  • DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    I think there is a Potos in Golden Beach opposite the Campsite in Skala Panagia end.
    Hey Denis :)

Potos Car Rentals has an office in an easy-to-find location across the street from the Campgrounds (as Delboy already mentioned). They're very dependable and I could highly recommend them.

Check out this link for useful information:
    https://www.rentacarpotos.gr/car-rental-locations/golden_beach/
    Thanks a lot Delboy and Augie!
    One more question - can you tell me about taxi prices on island? For example how much will taxi cost from Golden Beach to Panagia/Thasos? And what is best way to visit Marble Beach?)
    I walked to both places from Golden Beach. Skala Panagia is up hill but the bus runs there via Skala Potamia, Potamia and then Panagia. I would be guessing the taxi price but you can get to Thassos Town for 20€s and both are nearer
    Thx again Delboy!
    hi Dundel,

If you fancy the walk I did it using photographs in the 2014 trip report. I think the Marble beach walk was on day 10. IMO I did not like the place and thought it was crowded and overrated. But have a look at my photos it may be different for you and you may like it

report in the tourist reviews section
    Checked) Nice reviews Delboy! Very useful, thanks ;)