Will someone, maybe administrator answer me?

Home Traveling to Thassos

Will someone, maybe administrator answer me?

I have travelled to Tassos in June, 19th this year by Ferryboat from Keramoti to Limenas and back from Limenas to Keramoti in June 29th. Both times we payed ticket for 8 years old child 4 eur eventhough on price list on ferrybout cite price for children 5-10 years is 1,5-2 eur. Why that women in the port fared us more money than the real ticket price was? Why are your staff stealing from foreign tourists?

Comments

• Leanne1976Leanne1976 Member Posts: 144
    Hi, I don’t believe any of the admins here are anything to do with the ferries or it’s staff.
  • DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    you are pointing the finger at the wrong people here Ivanbg. Nobody knows of your circumstances and it would seem your daughter has been charged the adult rate. You should have questioned that at the time and place you purchased the tickets from, maybe with some proof of age.

List of ferry prices had been added on here for your information and perhaps you should take it up with the ferry companies website.

• AnthonyAnthony Administrator Posts: 22
    Hi ivanabg,

My name is Anthony and I'm responsible for updating the ferry information on Go-Thassos.

I was very sorry to read your story because it sounds like you paid more for your child than you should have. The ferry company should have charged 2 euros for your 8-year-old child. In this case, I believe you should have presented to the ticket agent some identification to prove your child's age in order to get the discounted rate.

We do not own the ferry companies so unfortunately, we can't speak on their behalf. We also do not sell tickets, the ferry companies sell their tickets directly to passengers who arrive at the ferry ports. I suggest contacting the ferry company you used directly. For your convenience, here are their websites where you will find contact details:

ANETH FERRIES
    https://www.anethferries.gr/index.php/en/

ANEK FERRIES
    http://www.thassos-ferries.gr/en/index.php

THASSOS LINK
    https://www.thassoslink.gr/

We strive to keep the ferry schedules and prices up-to-date on our website, so that people are well informed about the ferry times and prices. Beyond that, it's the ferry company's responsibility to charge the correct price in every case.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions or perhaps any suggestions for how we could help to prevent this from happening again to other people traveling to Thassos. :)
    As usual, nice apology you got there Anthony lol
  • AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 818
    Thanks for your support, Delboy. :)
  • gowedarskigowedarski Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2018
    The same happened to me. I have travelled to Tassos on Sept, 20th this year by Ferryboat from Keramoti to Limenas and back from Limenas to Keramoti on Sept 30th. Both times I payed ticket for Ford Focus Hatchback (4.13m long) - 22 eur even though on price list price for private cars up to 4.25 m long is 18 eur. The women in the port refuse to comment the case about ticket price. It is very disappointing.
    Hi gowedarski,

I'm really sorry to hear that this happened to you as well. Did you travel with the same ferry company both times? Do you remember which company?
  • gowedarskigowedarski Member Posts: 2
    Hi Augie, both times the companies was diferent - on Sept. 20th - ANETH LINES S.A. and on Sept. 30th - Thassos Ferries. ANETH was polite to answer me "with Ford Focus we have a lot of problems because some cars are over 4,25m and some cars are under 4,25m , it is up to the year of the model, most of them are over 4,25m"
    edited October 2018
    Hi gowedarski,

I can see the ANETH person's point, but I still don't understand why they charged you the ticket price for a car that's +4.25m while yours is only 4.13m. It doesn't make sense because their prices clearly state 18 euros for "up to 4.25m." and 22 euros for "above 4.25m.".

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I will share it with the ferry company's staff and see if there's a better way to explain the ticket prices for cars (to help avoid this kind of confusion in the future).
    Not sure if it is the same thing.

If you google Ford focus hatchback it is saying it is 4.360m in length from 2011-2018, so I would find it difficult to price it as under unless you could give the actual model to them
    https://www.buyacar.co.uk/ford/focus/focus-hatchback/211/ford-focus-2011-2018-dimensions