Rental properties

Home General

Rental properties

mojo101924mojo101924 Member Posts: 8
Have been coming Thassos since 2002 staying at various places in Scala potamia.would now dearly like to rent a 2 bedroom property for long term in surrounding area.My partner and I have several friends Greek/ English who live there.We have looked on previous occasions and found nothing I therefore are looking to you and other expats for any help and advice.This is our one ambition in life to fulfill our dream.
Mojo many thanks.

Comments

• AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 817
    edited February 2018
    Hi Mojo,

As you've probably experienced yourself, finding an apartment to rent on a long term basis (min. 1 year) in Skala Potamia and Skala Panagia is nearly impossible.

Housing is difficult to find on Thassos, even for the local population and especially for the seasonal workforce (chefs, maids, etc.) who come to the island to work in the tourism economy.

Therefore, the best advice I can give you at the moment is to consider renting in a village like Panagia, Potamia, Rachoni, Prinos, or Theologos.

Since you've got friends on Thassos, I'd ask them to ask around because that's you're best chance of finding something. Word-of-mouth is the best way to find available properties, not real estate websites (because very few locals use them).
  • mojo101924mojo101924 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks Augie have asked friends and they say the same as you.we would consider the villages but don't know who to ask.
    Hi Augie
    Have asked a number of people who do summer rentals do they do long term rentals and they said no.do you know the reason why not as I thought they would rather have money out of season as well as in.perhaps this is a legal requirement.
    Hi Mojo,

The reason is purely economical.

People who own property in popular tourist areas have realized that their property can generate more revenue on an annual basis in the holiday market than what it can generate in the long-term rental market.

This phenomenon is happening all around the world, especially in popular tourism cities like Venice, Amsterdam, and London.
    Thanks Augie for all your help.We hope to come later on in the season and go around the villages to make enquiries.In the mean time if you here anything will you let me know.
    You're welcome!

If I hear anything, I'll keep you in mind and let you know. :)
    Thanks Augie will you post on this site.
    I could send an email to your @talktalk.net account, if that's alright with you.
    Thanks Augie that would be much better.
    Any news yet Augie?Heard from Gregory Nagoulidis about two properties one had already took bookings the other one was ground floor and the verander was over looking a road.Also to go through Gregory appears to be more expensive.
    Hi Mojo,

Unfortunately I have no news about available long-term rentals. I will definitely let you know if I personally hear about something.

Sorry that Gregory was unable to help.

I just sent you a private message with contact details of another local agent who may be able to help.

Click your name "mojo101924" and open your inbox. There you'll find my private message. :)