Ferry from Keramoti

Home Traveling to Thassos

Ferry from Keramoti

We have not visited Thassos for 11 years and thought we might call in for a few days while visiting the Northern mainland next week.
My question(might add a couple more) can you just turn up at the ferry port rather than book in advance, as of yet our plans are not set in concrete for our fortnight.
Our last visit (early June 2006) we stayed in Thassos Town, which we found very low key and thoroughly enjoyed it - has much changed?
Many thanks in advance

Comments

• AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 817
    Hey Greekfan,

Yep, you can just turn up in Keramoti and buy your tickets at the ferry port, up to the last minute before the next ferry departs. It's very convenient and efficient with ferries leaving every 45 minutes. This should be the least of your worries!

I moved to Limenas in Summer 2006 so I can help answer your question! Much has changed in terms of infrastructure (eg. some new roads, new sidewalks, green spaces by the ferry port and a bike lane) while much has stayed exactly the same (eg. people, culture, pace, food, and the glorious weather) ;)
  • greekfangreekfan Member Posts: 2
    Many thanks for the quick reply Augie.

That's helpful to know you can just turn up at the ferry port, we are very tempted on a return. As I say, we have yet to decide on our itinerary. Our first 4 nights are booked in the North, so just the other 10 days to sort out!
    I'll now have a look on TripAdvisor to see what properties are in the good books.