Car/Quad bike rental

Home Traveling to Thassos

Car/Quad bike rental

liamw97liamw97 Member (+) Posts: 1
I'm going to golden beach in 2 weeks and I've had a look around for vehicle rental but I have only found 1 company that will allow me to rent a bike as I'm only 19. I have held my licence for over a year and I am looking to preferably rent a Quad bike rather than a moped... Does anyone know any companys that rent to younger drivers?

Comments

• AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 817
    edited June 2016
    Hi Liam,

I believe the age requirements vary across businesses, although there are standards that many of them follow. I'll ask around for you. Give me until Wednesday or Thursday and we'll see what I can find out.

In the meantime, if anybody else knows anything... please share your knowledge. :)
  • AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 817
    edited June 2016
    Hi liam,

I stand corrected. It's not up to the business and it doesn't vary. :)

I paid a visit to a couple of local moto rentals and spoke with the owners. They explained:

By law, one must be 25 years or older to rent a quad bike (ATV). Businesses that make exceptions and rent to younger adults are breaking the law.

An alternative for you is the bus, which can be a reliable way to get around Thassos. There's a stop in every village and many popular beaches so you won't have any difficulty getting to where you want to go. :)
  • DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    I saw a guy that had come off one of these machines, they didn't have crash helmets on. He was on the pathway high on the cliff part which goes up and down going in the direction of Marble Beach. On a down stretch the brakes failed. He told me he thought he was going to go over the edge of the cliff but managed to jumped off and the quad went into the side rather than over the top.
    He was grazed and looked shocked, so this is just a warning to you