Looking to settle in Thassos

Home General

Looking to settle in Thassos

judijudi Member (+) Posts: 1
Greece is calling me home. Yasu, my name is Judi. An American woman and a world traveler, I currently live in Patzcuaro, Mexico. It is beautiful here, however, I am looking to settle back in Greece. Thassos looks wonderful. I hold a MA in elementary education and would be interested in knowing if there might be teaching positions available on the island. Thank you for your thoughts. My email is jas32812@yahoo.com

Comments

• chachaangelinachachaangelina Member (+) Posts: 2
    Hi, Judi~
    Did you receive any replies. I know nothing about Thassos, but I have a girlfriend who has offered me her home in Thassos, so I might be going there. I'm wondering if anyone knows what the scene is for musicians. Is it easy to get a musician's gig on Thassos Island?
  • AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 817
    Hi Judi,

I am not sure about the requirements for teaching at a public elementary school in Greece and what the process is like for hiring. I'm also not familiar with the job market and what's available. Perhaps the municipality is able to advise you on the subject. You can contact the mayor's office through their official website: http://www.thassos.gr/en/

There are also private tutors around the island, some of them have classrooms. Perhaps that is another area worth exploring?

Wish I could be of more assistance.

Good luck with your search, I hope the mayor's office will be able to provide you with some useful information.