Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos - Page 79

Home Go-Thassos Comments

Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos

Comments

• EllieEllie Member (+) Posts: 31
    Hello Go-Thassos team ... thank you for bringing back our favourite view!!! If anything it is even better than before, with both the statues visible! That will keep us going until our next visit to Thassos in the summer :-)
  • Sandra MilesSandra Miles Member (+) Posts: 51
    Hi Delboy. On the ferry you leave your cases on the deck where the cars are loaded. Its a breeze. Hubby stows the cases whilst I go up top and wait for him to bring the Mythos from the bar. It was so so easy. I know Thomsons are expensive but they are reliable and get me where I want to be. I travelled to Italy one year and should have flown out of Birmingham with Thomsons. Due to accident at airport Thomsons transferred us to East Mids so that we could still fly. Easyjet passengers had their flight cancelled and had to queue up to register their refund (holiday ruined). I like the peace of mind and so don't mind paying that bit extra for it
  • DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    Hi Sandra
    I agree with that, the peace of mind of it all being sorted for you. I haven't attempted independently booked holidays, beyond the isle of wight yet lol. It seems from talking to people that have done it once, they continue to do it that way.
    a few years back we just got away from Gatwick 4 hours before the airport shut in the Icelandic volcano affair which at that time, was a relief being with a tour company.
    A possible idea would be, if a group of hotels got together with a minibus and met the plane in from Thessolonki for those that dont care for driving but I suppose that would be impractical
  • normastephennormastephen Member (+) Posts: 18
    Hi Delboy.
    We have looked at doing our holiday to Thassos ourselves, but in the end we have booked with Thomson.I have to agree you have the security, and you can just sit back enjoy your flight and ferry crossing without the stress of getting to your hotel the same day.
    The flights we looked at have 1 or 2 stops from Gatwick not good as we live in Staffordshire and have 2 airports near us.
    We have booked 2 weeks in july next year can't waite.
    Norma
  • Sandra MilesSandra Miles Member (+) Posts: 51
    Delboy, my friends were in Sharm El Sheik during the ash cloud affair. They were with Thomsons and were able to remain in their room with all food and drink paid for for an extra 5 days. Others were sent from the hotel to arrange their own transport home (not so easy when all flights to Europe were grounded). So whatever anyone says about Thomsons, I think part of what you pay for is peace of mind :)
  • tilly67tilly67 Member (+) Posts: 14
    I agree with the above comments. Despite a lot of grumbles Thomson have never let us down. However, we travel to and from Thassos quite a lot, including out of season when flights to Kavala arent available. Another way of doing it is to get easy jet from Gatwick/Manchester to Thessaloniki. If I'm with hubby we hire car but if I'm alone or with my mum I jump in taxi to bus station and then get the bus to Kavala (lovely Thomson style coach leaving regularly) costs about 20 euros, then ferry (10 min walk) to Prinos. We even sometimes treat ourselves to a night in Kavala (lovely old city) . It really is so easy if it appeals. Handy hint if you do it this way is to get from Thassos to Thess day before flight and book into one of the many hotels, just eliminates all possible stress.
    Like I said though, Im not a package holiday snob, despite price and meanness to hoteliers we have never had a problem with Thomson, its just an alternative way of doing it for less and with more choice of accommodation.
  • DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    Thank you all for explaining the different options available, we'll see how next years holiday pans out. I do have a peek at a lot of Greek forums and was keen to see another competitor (cosmos) coming into Thassos next year and I understand they are owned by Monarch, however I heard on here that Monarch are using Small Planet airlines from Manchester. There is so much bad reviews on them on the Cephalonia forum for horrendous delays, that both my wife and I said we wouldnt fly with that company again and much prefer the comfort of modern planes that Thomson use
  • Adrian LeeAdrian Lee Member (+) Posts: 126
    Just getting my daily fix, it looks glorious today,wish I was strolling along the beach now.:-)
  • helensmumhelensmum Member (+) Posts: 29
    Yes, Aidie. Nov 25th was a glorious day - a day of warmth and glorious sunshine amongst a number of very wet (torrential) rainy days. I didn't walk along Golden Beach but took my lunch to Karnagio and sat on the little fence, in my shirt sleeves, watching the boat builders. Magic.
    So jealous, we have to wait till the last week in June till we return, unless mr Camelot helps us out,lol
  • derekderek Member (+) Posts: 66
    is that snow on them thar hills.
    Look at the snow - what a wonderful view. Great day for walking on Ipsarion. If only ... At home marking exam scripts, but keep looking at my screen saver for inspiration and happy memories. Spring will arrive soon enough, I hope!!
    Golden Beach is looking glorious again this morning
    .........and a fabulous sunset too!! Love it.
    It looks a bit windy today
    The suns shining brightly at 06:30 this morning, whilst I'm staring out at a foggy cold one here in England :-(
  • barbarabarbara Member (+) Posts: 3
    Does anyone ever walk on the beach in the winter, I wish I was, walking on southport beach not the same
  • Nikos KonsoulasNikos Konsoulas Member (+) Posts: 45
    I move to windows 8 and i cant see the cam now because it works on html5 instead of flash (:
    please can someone give help? flash no longer supported on W8.
  • GoThassosGoThassos Administrator Posts: 128
    What browser are you using? Try Chrome or Firefox. If you use IE, check out this link: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-8.html
    Another lovely morning. Perfect for fishing. Wish that was me catching lunch from the jetty at the little harbour....Perhaps in the Spring??
  • derekderek Member (+) Posts: 66
    just had a lovely swim, water a bit cold, and rough.got back on sun bed supped the old mithos,thought this is the life,, then i woke up..:@~@~:@.
  • SueSue Member (+) Posts: 35
    DEREK, I HAVE THAT DREAM HOW WEIRD IS THAT!!HA HA
  • kevinkevin Member (+) Posts: 4
    What a lovely morning on Golden Beach just a few days before Christmas. I was there six years ago at this time and we had a metre of snow nobody could get on the island and nobody could get off it. What a difference today wish I was there.

Merry Christmas to every one.
  • Nikos KonsoulasNikos Konsoulas Member (+) Posts: 45
    kalimera se olous tous thassites xronia polla kai kali xronia!!!!!!
    good-morning to all users merry Christmas and a happy new year to all!!
    of to lanzarote this year for new year but id love to be in our island :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lovely views again today - calm sea, sunshine and smoke from the log fires curling into the clouds. Grey, wild, wet and windy here in UK. Think I'll have a tsiporou meze for lunch and pretend....