Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos - Page 72

Home Go-Thassos Comments

Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos

Comments

• JackieMJackieM Member (+) Posts: 4
    Ah I can get my fix now, can wish my life away again now!!!!
  • SueSue Member (+) Posts: 35
    Hi Shaz, We flew from Birmingham although looking next years prices its cheaper to go from Gatwick and Manchester!!!. The trouble is you have to come back !!! Do you think the people on Thassos know how lucky they are? Oh well lets hope we are back this time next year.
  • margibmargib Member (+) Posts: 3
    Well done you !! Can dream away again , looking at your beautiful island . Happy , happy days :-))
  • Wendy FlemingWendy Fleming Member (+) Posts: 75
    we are planning our holiday for next year via Thessaloniki it was easy. no more thomsons
  • Adrian LeeAdrian Lee Member (+) Posts: 126
    Wendy, we did the same and are now waiting for easy jet to release there flights for next year. No more thomsons :-)
    Hi Adrian, Easyjet have a web site, I emailed them, they have no plans to fly to Kavala. Such a shame, like you waiting for flights to Thessaloniki
  • derekderek Member (+) Posts: 66
    hi wendy ,,flight only to thassos sounds interesting.. what airport do you fly from to saloniki?how do you get to keramoti and where do you stay in thassos? hope you can help ,, regards derek..
    hi go thassos team,,cavo doro, my favorite eatery doesnt show on the camera ,are they still with us? thanks..derek
    Hi Derek we fly to Thessaloniki from Gatwick with Easyjet (book really early for cheap flights) We hire a car from the airport and drive to Keramoti. The route is simple once on the motorway it is a straight road without much traffic.
  • DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    hi Derek
    cavo doro is still there we had lunch vitually everyday at the restaurant
    hi wendy,
    thanks for info.do you keep hire car for the fortnite? i believe there is a bus to kavala or keramoti ,,do you know about it? we have been going to thassos for six years ,now, staying at golden beach. the only place to go.. nice to talk to you ,,and thanks derek
    hi del boy
    thanks for info..on cavo doro.. we also eat there often with occasional visit to finikas and enavlion..but cavo is the place to go . cheers derek
    Hi Derek

We visited both finikas and enavlion, we thought enavlion was outstanding, vigli's was good too
    edited August 2013
    Hi Derek, we keep the car for 10 days costs about £150. I believe the coach costs 18 euros but you would have to take a taxi to the bus station, and not sure if it only goes to Kavala you would then have to get to Keramoti. We also stayed in Golden beach, travelling independently you have much more choice.
  • GoThassosGoThassos Administrator Posts: 128
    edited August 2013
    Much more choice indeed!

You could search for your accommodation here: http://www.go-thassos.gr/visiting-thassos/hotels

Also find last minute deals with big discounts: http://www.go-thassos.gr/visiting-thassos/hotels/all/deals

Book direct, pay less.

By using booking engines and tour operators, the hoteliers here pay the big companies commissions and they receive less from your stay. Sometimes commissions are added into the price so you will end up paying more. However by booking direct, you will always receive the best possible price and you are fully supporting the local businesses.
    Thankyou go thassos for the information
  • tonitoni Member (+) Posts: 107
    so happy
    just booked flight to thessaloniki for thassos next august
    booked with ba as couldnt wait for easyjet anylonger.
    does any body know anything about thomson pulling out of golden beach?the george was dropped last year ,, next the blue bay is missing and now the smaragdi is missing ..what is happening??
    not happy.....derek
    I have e-mailed Thomsons waiting for a reply
    Hi Derek
    Thomson's have pulled out of Golden Beach, I have booked for next year at another apartment.
    Thomson's have issued two brochures, one of which is called 'small and friendly', the latest one has Blue Bay in it on page 74 but not on the internet, but still no sign of the other hotel you mentioned. You might have to go into the Thomson shop to book Blue Bay (puzzling) or perhaps they went to print without taking it out the brochure
    sorry meant to say Thomson's have not pulled out of golden Beach lol
    hi dell boy
    many thanks for your info.. nearly had a cor onary when i saw your first message. thanks to your second am back to 98 per min. will be looking for small and friendly tomorrow...
    I just wonder if, with Thomson's, they have a vast amount of hotels/apartments to pick from and if they don't get a lower contract they ditch and move on to the next, the hotels don't seem to get q great deal but have a guarentee of filling rooms from them.
  • SueSue Member (+) Posts: 35
    I DID HEAR WHEN WE WERE IN THASSOS IN JULY THE BLUE BAY LOST ALOT OF MONEY BECAUSE OF THOMSON. IF THEY KEEP PULLING OUT OF HOTELS OR NOT PAY THEM A FAIR RATE I FEAR THOMSONS WILL BE EXTINCT. ITS JUST A SHAME THAT ANOTHER HOLIDAY COMPANY FROM ENGLAND COULD NOT GET IN THERE THAT WOULD GIVE THOMSONS A RUN FOR THEIR MONEY THERES NO COMPETITION FOR THEM THOUGH AT ALL. SO THEY CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT!!!!
  • normastephennormastephen Member (+) Posts: 18
    HI EVERYONE WE HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT BLUE BAY FOR NEXT YEAR IT LOOKS REALLY QUIET AND THE VIEW LOOKS STUNNING. JUST WANDERED IF WE CAN HAVE A KETTLE IN OUR ROOM COS WE LOVE OUR CUPPA FIRST THING.