Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos - Page 71

Home Go-Thassos Comments

Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos

Comments

• helensmumhelensmum Member (+) Posts: 29
    Loving the new site. Even the webcam looks happier!
  • GoThassosGoThassos Administrator Posts: 128
    edited July 2013
    To clear the confusion, you must create an account to post a comment. It's super simple and quick. You can even login with a Facebook, Twitter, or Google account to simplify things. Also, there's a bug which we're trying to squash that scrolls the page out of view when you click the "Post Comment As" button. Just scroll back down to get to the login window.
  • SAIRSAIR Member (+) Posts: 4
    CONGRATULATIONS GO-THASSOS Team!!!!! Super job on your new Internet site. We can only imagine how hard you must have worked to produce such an outstanding product. It should be a source of pride for the Thassians to have their beautiful island featured in such a prominent way. Keep it up......and thanks for allowing us to enjoy the beauty of Golden Beach thru your webcam. :):):)
  • SueSue Member (+) Posts: 35
    I know we are all having lovely weather in England at the moment but can't wait to be on the beach there in Thassos. Only six more days to wait!!!!
  • shazshaz Member (+) Posts: 5
    hi sue .we are going this sun.like u said,the weather back home here now is lush,but i cant wait to go either.were r u staying,we r staying at emerald studios.
  • pennypenny Member (+) Posts: 0
    I just signed up to the new website and earned a badge for uploading a pic!! Great job chaps. We can't be there this year but you can bet on next year for sure. Interesting comments re Thompson we gave up with them a couple of years ago since they have reduced just about everything but the price. We like to know that our hard earned cash is going into the right pockets and that means the wonderful people of Thassos! The trip from Thessaloniki is a great and easy drive. Try it!!
    woohoo.we r leaving tonite on route to the airport for golden beach.cant wait, :)
  • JackieMJackieM Member (+) Posts: 4
    Hi

We have just returned from our first visit to Golden Beach and loved it. I can't wait until we can return again. It is a really beautiful place. I absolutely loved the ferry journey, and the weather was hot. Everyone we met was so friendly and the food was delicious. Will just keep getting my fix off the web cam for now.

Jackie
  • Sandra MilesSandra Miles Member (+) Posts: 51
    Only 4 weeks until we arrive for our second trip this summer and I cannot wait! Such a beautiful place
  • Philipp BeschPhilipp Besch Member (+) Posts: 4
    tris meres akoma ;)
  • Krisy ShiltonKrisy Shilton Member Posts: 0
    Looking beautiful in Thassos today...wish we were there!!! :)
    The sea today is like a millpond (Greek 'ladi thalassa'). Not even a wave or a ripple. Brilliant. See it's getting hot again with hot nights too. lLt it cool a bit more in the evenings for me please, we'll be there in 2 weeks and a day and I love my sleep. Suppose I'll just have to have a tsiporou or 3 to help me drop off?
  • HelenBHelenB Member (+) Posts: 4
    There seems to be many more sunbds on the beach this year I hope they dont go and spoil it. Havent been for 2 years because of health and do miss it.
  • JackieMJackieM Member (+) Posts: 4
    Hi HelenB We got back on the 21st July after a lovely 2 weeks. This was our first visit to Thassos and we did enjoy it. We used to sit next to Golden Sands at Katerinas. When we first got there, there was a few rows of sunbeds with the normal white umbrellas. By the time we left they had put in quite a lot of the thatched umbrellas very close together and added quite a lot more rows. We used to sit right at the back for a bit more space. Like you say it does seem to spolil it a little bit.
  • Wendy FlemingWendy Fleming Member (+) Posts: 75
    Love the new site.
    Can't believe it - 7.30 in the evening and swimmers still in the sea. Which I were one of them. Fabulous. Best time of the day to be on the beach. The new site and once again mobile webcam make it all to easy to be distracted from work and to look again and again at the holidaymakers enjoying themselves while I sit here at my desk (34* today) and rack my sluggish brains to think of constructive comments to feedback on draft reports. Could I do that on the beach? Could I take my work with me? Probably not but I'll be there soon, 'til then, in spirit only.
    Phew, thank goodness the webcam is back - I was lost there for a while without my daily window into my fantasy world.
    Is that a little spider's web marring the view? Get out your feather dusters and mob-caps and shin up that tree to restore our view to perfection once again, please!

• looking absolutely gorgeous in the morning sun !! wish i was there!
  • tonitoni Member (+) Posts: 107
    Hi Angie
    the journey from the airport is very easy there is a ring road that goes around thessaloniki and then you can join the A2 signposted kavala and that takes you along until you turn off for keramoti. if you want to know anymore info i can tell you but i think i saw some info on this brill new website about it.well done go thassos team on this
  • angieangie Member (+) Posts: 37
    Hi Toni thank you for your help - we are thinking of travelling this way next year - yes I also saw the other brill info.We are going back to Thassos with Thomson in 5 weeks and can't wait!!
  • SueSue Member (+) Posts: 35
    Got back from golden beach on sunday. Nothing much has changed not as busy as usual which is a good thing if you want to get a seat at Finikas or Playa D'Ora. For all you that miss the George and Karen and Stavros the bar is open on a Friday night as the Saga Team have a party. We had a great time but be warned it finishes at seven in the morning Karen and Stavros are both well and enjoying more family time .Another great stay at Nostos and fantastic company for the two weeks..
    any \1 know wat is wrong with the web cam.i can only see a grey screen :(
    hi sue,hope u enjoyed on golden beach.i only came back sunday aswell.it was fantastic.didnt want to come home.did oyu fly back to gatwick?
  • GoThassosGoThassos Administrator Posts: 128
    The camera is working fine, but the router at the hotel is not. Essentially, the problem is that the camera signal doesn't know how to find its way out onto the internet. We're on it, and we hope to have it back soon!
    Good luck, team - you know how much we depend on you. You are both wizards, I'm sure you'll sort it.